Good morning,

I recently installed the Trans-Cool on my G56 and there were a few things I figured I would let others know.

1. Highly recommend deep thin-walled sockets just in case. Is it required? No, but due to the machining of the trans-cool aluminum casting, the fins and the heads of the bolts can be tricky to get to.
2. With the factory 4" down-pipe in place, you definitely have to slide the bolts in before putting the passenger side on (Geno's Garage mentions this as well).
--- The top bolt required a long extension and swivel for sure. Especially with my hopes to put on a 5" exhaust soon, I can see where people have to cut the fins down on the passenger side
3. Keep in mind the location of the 1/8" NPT port on the units. I faced mine rearwards to keep most of the road debris from spraying directly onto it (installed an Autometer gauge). The NPT ports are not centered on the casting so if you turn them around, the NPT port will be lower when facing forward. I can confirm that if you do the "add a quart after full method", the NPT port in the rear of the unit is still in direct contact with the transmission fluid.

On another note, I switched the factory ATF to Schaeffer's SAE 50 gear oil. As most of you will expect, shifts much smoother and a lot less noise BUT when cold, it's tough for a few minutes.

I should be doing a write-up of my A-pillar pod gauge install as well.

Hope this helps!

Adam