Thanks Thanks:  32
Likes Likes:  117
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 68RFE Valve Body

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE Valve Body

I bought a @RevMax thermal bypass from these guys.

He was explaining this to me sounds good.

Going to SEMA tomorrow and asking questions about transmission upgrades.

Will make decisions after the show.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Hey guys just an update.

Picked truck up today.

New rebuilt trans with all the goodies. They showed me what went on mine.

The valve body was still fine. No accumulator plate blow out.

Seems the overdrive clutches were smoked.

He didn't take apart the valve body yet but seemed fine.

They will let me know more when everything is apart.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PackinSixGuns View Post
    I just changed mine out last night to the Revmax High Performance Towing/HD valve body and it was as simple as can be. I added the metal spin on filter screw and Zerostat trans cooler bypass when doing the install. The whole process took maybe 1.5-2.0 hours. I’m still in the babying phase for 200 miles while she learns her new values, but I can already tell how much smoother it is between shifts. I can’t believe how thin the accumulator plate is on the stock valve body with only four bolts holding it in. The new one is at least three times as thick with three times as many bolts added to hold it in place.

Everyone I know can’t believe I tore into my 2018 Ram 2500 with only 18k miles on it, but I’m glad I did. Anything I can throw at the 68RFE will hopefully keep me from being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is it pretty much bolt on?

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Warwagon98xj View Post
    Is it pretty much bolt on?

Yes- valve body is direct bolt in swap.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I was going to start a new thread, but since the topic is already running....

I changed my transmission fluid out last weekend, and found two loose screws at the back of the accumulator plate. One backed out probably 1/4", other was still in all the way, but I could turn it with one finger. I pulled it, and tightened them, but I'm planning to upgrade the valve body now. Is revmax the best one to go for? I see they have two options, and I'm thinking of getting the more expensive billet option, just to add to the bulletproof factor. I'm planning to get a tuner at the same time in order to run a transmission tune on it. Also switching to a deep pan with a drain plug, and the thermostat bypass block.

Will the billet one work correctly with everything else in the transmission being stock, and is the billet too much overkill for the stock engine? I tried talking to a salesman on the phone, but got more sales answers than technical answers.

10. Likes watersupply189, Yamahamod liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JMod45 View Post
    I was going to start a new thread, but since the topic is already running....

I changed my transmission fluid out last weekend, and found two loose screws at the back of the accumulator plate. One backed out probably 1/4", other was still in all the way, but I could turn it with one finger. I pulled it, and tightened them, but I'm planning to upgrade the valve body now. Is revmax the best one to go for? I see they have two options, and I'm thinking of getting the more expensive billet option, just to add to the bulletproof factor. I'm planning to get a tuner at the same time in order to run a transmission tune on it. Also switching to a deep pan with a drain plug, and the thermostat bypass block.

Will the billet one work correctly with everything else in the transmission being stock, and is the billet too much overkill for the stock engine? I tried talking to a salesman on the phone, but got more sales answers than technical answers.
    Depending on how long you want to keep the truck and power goals then bullet is the way to go.

The short “technical” answer for the billet is it is superior since it’s one piece there is no opportunity for cross leaks which is the issues people have once bumping up line pressures.

Shoot me a PM or email if you’d like some pricing and keep us posted!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189, Yamahamod liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Man Y'all are killing me.

Now I'm worried about my transmission.

I'v had no problems but I don't want any.

14. Likes watersupply189, Yamahamod, Teufel liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aj Grubb View Post
    I've about decided I'm going to give this a try.... https://nextgendiesel.com/products/6...28109460832336

Thoughts?
    How did you like that valve body?

16. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I can’t tell y’all enough how happy I was with the jasper with the billet triple disc converter.

Dually was touching 650HP and it laid that HP to the ground flawlessly, but I think a lot of this transmission scare is how u drive it.

Smoking tires and then when those rear tires hook up the torque is off the charts.

I always tried to drive like I had some sense. My 3/4 mega 5.9 had 335k miles on a stick trans pushing 600hp when it let go. Truck had mods for 250k miles. But in my opinion the weakest part of the dodge trans is the torque conv. Triple disc billet converter and you are making the weakest part of the trans the strongest part of the trans. My experiences.

18. Thanks watersupply189, timshooter40 thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I have not pulled the trigger on it yet. I'm still bouncing back and forth in my head... Should I spend any time and money on this 68 trying to help it live or just keep the money and put it towards an upgrade when the 68 lets go?
    I really want to Allison swap it but man...$$

20. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast