Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DRD MM3 Questions

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Permanent Vacation GrowingSouthFarms's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: DRD MM3 Questions

Have a you tried any other type of reader such as the AlfaOBD app?

May be a lot cheaper then buying another tuner?

Not so if that would 100% give you the answer though but it might be worth a shot?

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Hi Jcal199904, I tried sending you a message, but your mailbox is full...delete your old messages, you're only allowed 5 as a basic member.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcal199904 View Post
    So does anyone have any info as to where I can order an mm3 without any tunes loaded so I can try it out and see if it will communicate with my truck before I buy the tunes?

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I'm having the same issue you are with the service electronic throttle control light.

My truck is a 18 2500 with the 68RFE running mm3 and DRD tunes.

I let my truck idle for 15 minutes yesterday morning to warm up and about 20 minutes after I got on the road i got the service elec. throttle control message on the dash with the red lighting bolt and check engine light.

I check the DTCs in the tuner and there no codes for the elec. throttle but I did have a P0335 crankshaft position sensor performance.

Are the two issues related?

This is the second time Ive had this problem. Maybe @DRD can give some input???

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by niteghost View Post
    I'm having the same issue you are with the service electronic throttle control light.

My truck is a 18 2500 with the 68RFE running mm3 and DRD tunes.

I let my truck idle for 15 minutes yesterday morning to warm up and about 20 minutes after I got on the road i got the service elec. throttle control message on the dash with the red lighting bolt and check engine light.

I check the DTCs in the tuner and there no codes for the elec. throttle but I did have a P0335 crankshaft position sensor performance.

Are the two issues related?

This is the second time Ive had this problem. Maybe @DRD can give some input???

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    It's likely the crankshaft position sensor is the culprit since you have a code for it.

The service electronic throttle control message can show up due to a number of failed sensor inputs from the actuator throttle position sensor to the MAP sensor.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

8. Thanks PaulG, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12