Likes Likes:  38
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clear information on 2016 Delete

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Clear information on 2016 Delete

Sounds like you have the answers!

Cheers,

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

2. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Some great answers indeed!

Thanks!

I am still in the research mode so every bit I can learn adds to my final decision.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GrowingSouthFarms View Post
    Don't expect miracle mpg from deleting. Most honest reports I have seen in these newer gen trucks the mpg gain is very minimal. While you 06 got slightly better mpg the 2016 is bigger, heavier, more powerful and can tow more.
    Mine went up by about 20-25%

What speeds are you running on the highway? That has a lot to do with the mpg. Also deleting isn't going to be cheap so warn the wife. With that manual you are going to have to upgrade that clutch for sure so add that to the cost.
    He oughta be fine with his stock clutch if he don’t turn the power up. Keepin it under 380 hp should keep it from slippin.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GlockG20 View Post
    Usually the posted speed limit when not towing and 55MPH when towing. It's kind of ingrained in me now as a CDL holder/FedEx Freight Driver. The clutch will have to be replaced soon as the first owner apparently didn't know how to drive it right, I am already noticing some weirdness with it that indicates imminent failure (slight take up shudder and whine). I tend to get right around 150k or so on my clutches since I quit racing.
    Just remember....

Solid Mass Flywheel

That’ll eliminate another fail point.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15
    Permanent Vacation GrowingSouthFarms's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
    Mine went up by about 20-25%

That is truly amazing because everyone I have talked to got "maybe" 1 mpg better, if that.

Is this hand calculated before and after?

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GrowingSouthFarms View Post
    That is truly amazing because everyone I have talked to got "maybe" 1 mpg better, if that.

Is this hand calculated before and after?

No.... That’s by the Dashboard thingy.

Did notice a coupla other things though. Boost pressure ain’t goin near as high with my typical drivin habbits, and it warms up a lil bit quicker. 32 deg this mornin and after 5 mins it started measurin on the dash readout. Used to take longer..

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

My '06 is actually right around 1,200lbs heavier than my '16. I will scale the '16 shortly to get a more accurate weight. But when I bought the '06 I got it from Oregon and had to weigh it in order to register it in Kommunistfornia... the weight with a full tank, no tools just what the truck came with was 7,997lbs. The '16 according to the curb weight placard is a bit over 6,800lbs.. Once I get the weight from the scale I'll have a better idea but right now based on what I have my newer truck is 1/2 ton lighter than my old truck.

Granted it's more powerful but it also has more advanced controls and sensors so it should be performing better. And I calculate mileage using an Android app called Fuelio.

14. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

You wont likely average 20mpg over a full tank...

But steady state at 65mpg you should be in the low 20's no problem.

That's with a 2500 with 3.42 gears and stock size tire and correct air pressure.

16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Interesting, I have a 2016 ccbsb 4x4 tradesman and 49,000 I bought brand new I'm the only owner and open road I average 20 almost 21 hand calculated speed averages 62mph when I'm going back and forth from work which is about 14miles round trip I get 16 to 18 depending on weather and summer fuel vs winter. I'm not a racer either. Iv done that already. Mine is not deleted. Will be deleting as soon as funds allow. More for longevity of engine life than anything else.

17. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12