Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: MINI MAXX HELP

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MINI MAXX HELP

Hey guys,

I understand that this has been a common topic among most Cummins forums which I have read over and over again. I am new to diesels and I and getting ready to do my deletes (egr, DPF, throttle valve).

With that being said I just picked up a mini maxx tuner and got the trans overdrive which I have read is almost a necessity with the 68RFE. Everywhere I look I see opinions on how to set up the tunes for the truck and half of it is Chinese to me.

I'm sorry to have to do this again to the Cummins world for the millionth time but I cant afford my truck blowing up because of my naivety.

So I have a 2012 6.7L 3500 with the 68RFE, I am currently not towing with it and I'm not looking for crazy performance just better mpg and longevity of the truck.

I always see talks about timing, att, defueling, and what not that I have no clue about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and again sorry for bringing up this again.

Thanks all!!!

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MINI MAXX HELP

Hey bud, I just traded my 2012 2500 6.7 with the 68RFE. I also had a MINI MAXX on it. (Came with the truck). I purchased the trans unlock code right away. It had the “box tune” it came with, I purchased a couple custom tune files from a vendor here. I also downloaded the “hot damn 175” tune from the H&S site before they closed down. I had a few inquiries from members here asking me to send a copy of the “hot damn” to them. Unfortunately I did not... with little to no support left for the mini max platform I didn’t wanna “mess “ with what was working for me.

I downloaded the complete owners manual for the mini max years ago (you may be able to find it online with a google search). As for actual settings on the unit itself. This is what I had my defuel levels set at....

Cold coolant temp 180f

Hot coolant temp 220f

Trans temp 190f

Max boost 35psi

Not sure what other defuel levels were on it? LOL. traded the truck two weeks ago. If you need any other info just PM me.

Maybe other guys will chime in too and give you their opinions.

My truck never gave me any issues running with the mini max at those settings. Towing or empty , etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Dodge 2500 6 inch suspension lift 4 inch body lift sitting on 41's DPF delete Straight pipe turbo back twin stacks road armour front and rear bumpers mini max tuner...tuned by DOUBLE R DIESEL

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The H&S box tunes tend to run high EGT's.

I wouldn't run more than the 120 tune for daily driving.

Even then, just short wide open runs. Leave timing and other settings on default. Using the cold coolant defuel is fine, but just use the warning chime for other temps.

You don't want it defueling when running hard with advanced timing... Good way to lift the head. EGT gauge recommended.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, InlineSix.7 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

I ran a mini for almost 8 years on my ‘11.

I ran no att, timing on 2 and set for tow.

Also have the trans tuning. (A must)

Do not run any defuels. They can cause issues when active

I still probably have all the tunes and the stock sd card contents if you need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Hey guys I really appreciate all the help! Just got my tuner in today so I’m gonna get it all set up. And I did get the trans unlock code Dave so I’m looking forward to that!

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

Great.

Make sure your batteries are fully charged and engine warmed up before programming the ECM.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

12. Likes watersupply189, MRMAYHEM, Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Does anyone have any of the old H&S tunes?

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonr View Post
    Does anyone have any of the old H&S tunes?
    That system has been dead for years!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yeah it has but I've got a couple in trucks surely someone has some tunes in there PC just laying around.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post