Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Tennessee emissions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tennessee emissions

I have just upgraded to a 2018 recently and was wanting to delete it but the county I live in does emissions testing.

I've had deleted diesels before and they have always passed but I didn't know if the new EPA stuff has them cracking down on it.

Does anyone live in the middle tn area and had to go thru emissions yet?

2. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tennessee emissions

Don't know about Tennessee but in nc emission countys diesels were exempt from emissions testing

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Tennessee emissions

Quote Originally Posted by horseshu View Post
    Don't know about Tennessee but in nc emission countys diesels were exempt from emissions testing
    To add to that.... gas trucks 3/4 ton and up are also emissions exempt.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Likes Thomas1960, Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

You can leave your EGR intact on the engine, tuning will turn it off so it acts like it's not there.

Then install the race pipe in the exhaust, save your factory setup for a rainy day. Some have bought a spare DPF/SCR setup from people who delete, and modify it, so your truck still looks stock to the inspector.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

8. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Permanent Vacation GrowingSouthFarms's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I have just upgraded to a 2018 recently and was wanting to delete it but the county I live in does emissions testing.

I've had deleted diesels before and they have always passed but I didn't know if the new EPA stuff has them cracking down on it.

Does anyone live in the middle tn area and had to go thru emissions yet?

Don't take this as gospel but a quick search and it looks like you have a visual and sniff test in your county.

You are probably SOL for passing unless you put everything back on every year and go back to stock.

10. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960, Power247 liked this post