Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: 2011 6.7L ECM Failure?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2011 6.7L ECM Failure?

Hi guys new to the forum.

I just recently bought a 2011 6.7 from a guy who had been in a small front end collision.

The truck has 116k and was bone stock and not deleted or tuned yet.

Long story short I just replaced the fan clutch, shroud, installed Mishimoto Radiator and Inter-cooler, New Ac condenser, grille, bumper, headlights, changed oil, new air filter, both batteries replaced at same time.

Most parts were dented in from the accident. I planned on doing the Delete soon. Anyways I finally finished and started the truck. Truck was in Regen I assume the DPF filter was 90% full and said take to dealer. Drove the truck down the road and it’s acting up bad bucking and no power. Weird exhaust smell. The engine feels like it’s surging at times like from electrical and other times it seems to idle fine. Engine sounds good truck never stalled out.

Pulled codes and this is what I got: P0606, P014c, P0869, P061A, P0191, P0699, P0625 P0562.

Ugh this is my first Cummins I’ve owned. I've Powerstokes and Duramaxs and I wanted a Cummins because of how strong they are but it’s acting like this at 116k wtf?

It has so many brand new parts on it cost me a fortune.

These issues have to be electrical because the trans feels good and the engine sounds and feels good.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, dodgemark liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2011 6.7L ECM Failure?

Quote Originally Posted by EFI Live View Post
    Hi guys new to the forum.

I just recently bought a 2011 6.7 from a guy who had been in a small front end collision.

The truck has 116k and was bone stock and not deleted or tuned yet.

Long story short I just replaced the fan clutch, shroud, installed Mishimoto Radiator and Inter-cooler, New Ac condenser, grille, bumper, headlights, changed oil, new air filter, both batteries replaced at same time.

Most parts were dented in from the accident. I planned on doing the Delete soon. Anyways I finally finished and started the truck. Truck was in Regen I assume the DPF filter was 90% full and said take to dealer. Drove the truck down the road and it’s acting up bad bucking and no power. Weird exhaust smell. The engine feels like it’s surging at times like from electrical and other times it seems to idle fine. Engine sounds good truck never stalled out.

Pulled codes and this is what I got: P0606, P014c, P0869, P061A, P0191, P0699, P0625 P0562.

Ugh this is my first Cummins I’ve owned. I've Powerstokes and Duramaxs and I wanted a Cummins because of how strong they are but it’s acting like this at 116k wtf?

It has so many brand new parts on it cost me a fortune.

These issues have to be electrical because the trans feels good and the engine sounds and feels good.
    Welcome friend!

Sounds like something got beat up worse than the other parts in the wreck?

Hopefully you can get it figured out.

I’m sure someone will have knowledge to get you going.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes dodgemark liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you.

I love the truck I worked on it good and got her all fixed up and looking nice but electrical is not my thing until I can better myself in it but I do know more than basics.

I live in Michigan and will be driving out west to Colorado this month so I need her solid.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes dodgemark, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome!!!!

Remember, when you get frazzled step back drink a beer or two and when you feel clear.

Go back from beginning and do visual of what you did and it may pop at at you.

That’s how I do it. LOL.

Called my myself dummy couple of times.

Figure codes out clear them and run it again.

May clear it’s throat and be good.

Fingers crossed for you

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cwendel liked this post