Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My *%#*ing Brakes!!!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: My *%#*ing Brakes!!!

Does anyone have a link to Vac line routes & sizes?? Would be MOST appreciated! 1989 W250, stock in the brakes respect.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Have you replaced the rubber hoses at the calipers?

I've heard they can delaminate on the inside and cause flow problems.

A coworker had this happen on a 2010.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Does anyone have a link to the proper Vac line routing & sizes?

Thanks!

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Ok, so now the PV2 blew out also!! Phuck these brakes!! I’m going to call Wilwood & see about eliminating the OE proportioning valve & going with an adjustable one at the master cylinder just for the rears & plumb the fronts direct to MC. Does anyone know the line sizes @ the front T & the back where it changes to the flex line dropping to the axle? I may replace the hard lines, from the stock proportioning valve to axles, with braided stainless, it’s the only old stuff left. I just can’t believe these idiots could put a vehicle on the road with such schitt brakes!

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyvco View Post
    Ok, so now the PV2 blew out also!! Phuck these brakes!! I’m going to call Wilwood & see about eliminating the OE proportioning valve & going with an adjustable one at the master cylinder just for the rears & plumb the fronts direct to MC. Does anyone know the line sizes @ the front T & the back where it changes to the flex line dropping to the axle? I may replace the hard lines, from the stock proportioning valve to axles, with braided stainless, it’s the only old stuff left. I just can’t believe these idiots could put a vehicle on the road with such schitt brakes!
    Here’s a thought... have you replaced the rubber lines on the front calipers yet?

I had a Firebird that the rubber part had collapsed inside the hose causing the hard pedal issues.

Just a thought....

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I had a '90 W250 12v auto many years ago and honestly the brakes sucked on the truck the whole time I owned it. I never had the pulling or hard pedal issues but they always seemed to struggle to stop the truck and if you didn't keep on them hard it would roll out at stop signs. I learned over time that Dodge made many mistakes when put those old 12V 5.9's in those old trucks at least for the first few years. Many of those old trucks had insufficient brakes, transmissions, axles and cooling systems to deal with that engine even turned down to 160hp. The engine is awesome but it tore up the truck around it.It took a few years for them to work out some of the bugs. After my experience with that old truck if you are going to keep it I would go with an aftermarket upgrade to ensure it had good brakes. Just my .02

2018 Ram 3500 (Aisin) Laramie 4X4 CCSB White/Silver.
    2018 Mustang GT Lightning Blue 6 spd manual.
    2021 Charger GT AWD Triple Nickel/Black

11. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyvco View Post
    PS, I drove it today & had very frequent hard petal.

When I got home I slid up under her & checked the combo valve & it was dry & the button wasn’t sticking out the front, no leaks.

Checked M/Cyl level & it’s where I left it at. Seems weird, but I have an incline to my yard & it seems when I back out downhill it acts up almost every time.

Just freakin bizzaro!!!
    Where the hell are you getting these parts?

Stay out of AutoZone. Junk dealers!

I would listen to Joe.

Hydroboost is very simple and effective but can be a bear when it goes down.

Given what I read, I'm not sure that's where the problem is.

Do you have ABS?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

13. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aboshan View Post
    I had a '90 W250 12v auto many years ago and honestly the brakes sucked on the truck the whole time I owned it. I never had the pulling or hard pedal issues but they always seemed to struggle to stop the truck and if you didn't keep on them hard it would roll out at stop signs. I learned over time that Dodge made many mistakes when put those old 12V 5.9's in those old trucks at least for the first few years. Many of those old trucks had insufficient brakes, transmissions, axles and cooling systems to deal with that engine even turned down to 160hp. The engine is awesome but it tore up the truck around it.It took a few years for them to work out some of the bugs. After my experience with that old truck if you are going to keep it I would go with an aftermarket upgrade to ensure it had good brakes. Just my .02

Yes sir, this is the path I am now taking. I just received my Wilwood master cylinder with adjustable proportioning valve assembly, waiting on my braided stainless lines. I am going to plumb the fronts in direct to the master & run the rears through the adjustable proportioning valve & throw that hunk of schitt OEM proportioning valve at the woods across the street!

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

By the way, my PV2 ( Chevy ) proportioning valve just blew out last week! That makes 4 in a year. I don’t know who the genius is that designed these brakes, but they need shot.

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Where the hell are you getting these parts?

Stay out of AutoZone. Junk dealers!

I would listen to Joe.

Hydroboost is very simple and effective but can be a bear when it goes down.

Given what I read, I'm not sure that's where the problem is.

Do you have ABS?
    parts were from Napa & Carolina Classic Trucks. No, as stated in my looong list of what I e done to the truck, I bypassed that pos early on in the story.

19. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast