Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  67
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uconnect Update?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Angry Uconnect Update?

I got a famous notice for the uconnect update abou1 1/2 months ago.

I got an update to go through or thought I did.

I got notice again today, and now the radio will not play.

I called uconnect they set up an appointment with the dealer.

Guessing they will reflash the truck.

The question is, what is it going t do to a deleted truck?

Will it affect tunes?

It is aggravating to have someone able to control your truck; big brother is watching.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Permanent Vacation GrowingSouthFarms's Avatar

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas1960 View Post
    I got a famous notice for the uconnect update abou1 1/2 months ago.

I got an update to go through or thought I did.

I got notice again today, and now the radio will not play.

I called uconnect they set up an appointment with the dealer.

Guessing they will reflash the truck.

The question is, what is it going t do to a deleted truck?

Will it affect tunes?

It is aggravating to have someone able to control your truck; big brother is watching.
    Only a flash of the radio software will not affect your tune. (make sure they fix the radio).

By the way, the update is now available for download today.

I just downloaded it and installed it. I have seen a few others that had issues with the OTA update and went to the dealer, and because they were out of warranty, the dealer charged them, so just be aware.

It seems crazy for something they forced on you but be ready and ask that question ahead of time.

4. Thanks Thomas1960, AK Bob thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

Already have case number and uconnect says they will pay any charges. Now what is crazy, i set time for update and waited over a hour got same notice. then turned to run and mashed run twice, held power and tune button at same time, radio started showing ram and going off and on. Turned off and cranked truck radio working. Still carrying it in to get drive link nuts welded. Don't like that either but for now it will have to do.

6. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

Already have case number and uconnect says they will pay any charges. Now what is crazy, i set time for update and waited over a hour got same notice. then turned to run and mashed run twice, held power and tune button at same time, radio started showing ram and going off and on. Turned off and cranked truck radio working. Still carrying it in to get drive link nuts welded. Don't like that either but for now it will have to do.
    After checking truck did not update with latest update!

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

Quote Originally Posted by GrowingSouthFarms View Post
    It's only a flash of the radio software, will not effect your tune. (make sure they just fix the radio). By the way the update is now available for download as of today. I just downloaded it and installed it. Have seen a few others that had issue with the OTA up date and went to the dealer and because they were out of warranty the dealer charged them so just be aware. Seems crazy for something they forced on you but be ready and ask that question ahead of time

Downloaded the 18.45.01 update from Uconnect website today.

Installed without any issues.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Thanks Thomas1960 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

Good deal!

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

12. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

Latest on uconnect update at dealership.
    One tech worked on truck for over 2 hours, came back said it needed new radio. $2,000.00. So I got on phone with uconnect who gives me a case number and says someone will call you within 2 days and let you know what they will do. Was fixing to leave and service manager asked had they pulled radio to get numbers they needed for unit replacement. Luckly for me first so called tech had went to lunch. They asked another tech to get numbers. He did but decided himself to update radio. You got it it downloaded new update. Then he informs me I'm the one who does all of radio work. I asked why was job not given to you in first place he smiled and said I don't assign who works on what. 3/4 of a day later radio is working no charge. What a day!!!!!!!!!!

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

One tech worked on truck for over 2 hours, came back said it needed new radio. $2,000.00. So I got on phone with uconnect who gives me a case number and says someone will call you within 2 days and let you know what they will do. Was fixing to leave and service manager asked had they pulled radio to get numbers they needed for unit replacement. Luckly for me first so called tech had went to lunch. They asked another tech to get numbers. He did but decided himself to update radio. You got it it downloaded new update. Then he informs me I'm the one who does all of radio work. I asked why was job not given to you in first place he smiled and said I don't assign who works on what. 3/4 of a day later radio is working no charge. What a day!!!!!!!!!!
    Awesome you got it updated! I had the update message pop up yesterday and it did it’s update with no issues.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

16. Thanks Thomas1960 thanked for this post
    Likes Thomas1960, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

Did they have a janitor working on your truck then?

Just WTF?!?!

Glad it was done.

18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

I downloaded the update to a Flash drive and then plugged it into my truck in one of the USB ports it said files not supported in the other usb port nothing ever pops up has anybody else had this problem?

I guess I'll go buy another Flash drive and try that but this one is a 32 gig and it's the only file on there.

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast