Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  67
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Uconnect Update?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

I downloaded the update to a Flash drive and then plugged it into my truck in one of the USB ports it said files not supported in the other usb port nothing ever pops up has anybody else had this problem? I guess I'll go buy another Flash drive and try that but this one is a 32 gig and it's the only file on there.

2. Likes Thomas1960 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

Quote Originally Posted by Amoore View Post
    I downloaded the update to a Flash drive and then plugged it into my truck in one of the USB ports it said files not supported in the other usb port nothing ever pops up has anybody else had this problem? I guess I'll go buy another Flash drive and try that but this one is a 32 gig and it's the only file on there.
    Did you follow the directions exactly and unzip the file? If I remember correctly there should be four or five unzipped files on the USB flash drive.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

You should have the following files on the USB Drive and nothing else.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14
    Permanent Vacation GrowingSouthFarms's Avatar

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

Sounds like you didn't unzip the file? Need to unzip it and add the 5 files shown above to the USB drive. The drive must be formatted FAT32 as well. If that still doesn't work try and older, smaller USB drive (8 or 16 gig). I've seen issues with newer high speed USB sticks.

7. Thanks watersupply189, Amoore thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Did you follow the directions exactly and unzip the file? If I remember correctly there should be four or five unzipped files on the USB flash drive.

Yup, I was trying to load the zipped file in the truck it did not like that so I had to open it on the computer and then individually grab each file and put it on the USB device, That annoys me, of all the specific instructions on their website it would have taken one sentence to tell how to do that I guess maybe more computer friendly people would already know O well got it taken care of thank you

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

Quote Originally Posted by Amoore View Post
    Yup, I was trying to load the zipped file in the truck it did not like that so I had to open it on the computer and then individually grab each file and put it on the USB device, That annoys me, of all the specific instructions on their website it would have taken one sentence to tell how to do that I guess maybe more computer friendly people would already know O well got it taken care of thank you
    Hey, no problem I use a Mac computer and it took me 20 minutes to figure out Unarchive means Unzip. . Glad you took care of it.

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

If anyone runs into a repetitious cycle with this update not updating like i did. (Went on for like a month and couldnt use the radio). Factory default the radio from the settings menu. Set ur time. And schedule the update. I think where i messed up in the first place is driving the truck everytime it would want to update and it didnt like it none too much. when its in the cycle of the message popping up i was unable to do the update from a flash drive. And stumbled upon defaulting the radio to finally get the update to take.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

How do you download the update and install on truck?

14. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

Disregard, I read above sorry

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Uconnect Update?

My go to guy for update help!

I ordered 2 new 32GB thumb drive yesterday.

Only draw back is I have to borrow sons Mac book.

We haven't had a computer in the house for 12 yrs - we use IPads.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

18. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast