Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  37
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transmission relearn after switching power levels?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Transmission relearn after switching power levels?

Quote Originally Posted by TUNED18 View Post
    is this a 100% fact?
    @MM3 Power

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    @RamIt

The MM3 does not reset CVI (clutch Volume Index) values for either of our switchable power methods, either RT, or the 5 position switch!

This is an all to often debated topic that seems to have no end in sight.

The fact is: Only programming or flashing, as some call it resets the CVI values. Changing power levels does not.

Now... does this mean that it's safe to jump from stock power to an additional 200??? That's something that only you can decide.

I can only speak from my personal experiences, and in my experience I have never had a problem in doing so.

This comes with a few caveats.

#1 Are the hard parts in your trucks transmission ready for that kind of abuse?

#2 Did you do a proper learn procedure after programming your truck in the first place?

#3 Do you have a gear ratio and tire size combination that is going to allow your transmission to survive if all of the above is yes? (No, 37's and 3:42's are not ideal LOL)

Again, just my opinion based off of my experiences, do as much as you can to prevent damage by applying some common sense, and enjoy your toys!

PS: I have a few buddies that will simply drive normally for a few 1-6, 6-1 shifts after they turn up the power, but before they play because it makes them feel better.

That's pretty cheap insurance and doesn't really hurt anything.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MM3 Power View Post
    @RamIt

The MM3 does not reset CVI (clutch Volume Index) values for either of our switchable power methods, either RT, or the 5 position switch!

This is an all to often debated topic that seems to have no end in sight.

The fact is: Only programming or flashing, as some call it resets the CVI values. Changing power levels does not.

Now... does this mean that it's safe to jump from stock power to an additional 200??? That's something that only you can decide.

I can only speak from my personal experiences, and in my experience I have never had a problem in doing so.

This comes with a few caveats.

#1 Are the hard parts in your trucks transmission ready for that kind of abuse?

#2 Did you do a proper learn procedure after programming your truck in the first place?

#3 Do you have a gear ratio and tire size combination that is going to allow your transmission to survive if all of the above is yes? (No, 37's and 3:42's are not ideal LOL)

Again, just my opinion based off of my experiences, do as much as you can to prevent damage by applying some common sense, and enjoy your toys!

PS: I have a few buddies that will simply drive normally for a few 1-6, 6-1 shifts after they turn up the power, but before they play because it makes them feel better.

That's pretty cheap insurance and doesn't really hurt anything.
    @MM3 Power as always thanks for the clarification and information & quick response!
    @TUNED18 hope this helps.

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Absolutely!!!

Thank you guys for clearing this up for me.

@MM3 you have a customer for life after answering the most elusive question I’ve had about RT tuning on my Ram.

It’s the main reason I don’t know what any tunes feel like.

6. Thanks watersupply189, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, RamIt liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12