Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: 20x10 vs 20x12 OPINION

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

20x10 vs 20x12 OPINION

**Not a fitment question**

Lend me some opinions on going with a 20x10 (-19 to -24mm) vs a 20x12 (-44mm) wheel. Looks and practicality wise.

I'm fairly set on running a 33x12.5 tire and keeping stock suspension (2017 2500 4x4 offroad package) for some time.

I know there will be a little trimming with both, and possible more trimming stuffing the 20x12 in. Both appear doable with the 33" tire though.

I thought I was pretty committed to a 20x10, but every wheel I see seems to look better in a 20x12 regardless of suspension setup. (@CustomOffsets)

Unlikely, but have considered doing a 2" drop to level the rear, but would most likely level the front in the future if anything.

Lot of personal preference here but if the 20x12 is going to be just silly and obnoxious I'm open minded.

Currently on stock wheels with some very bald Toyo M/T 295/60/r20.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 20x10 vs 20x12 OPINION

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    **Not a fitment question**

Lend me some opinions on going with a 20x10 (-19 to -24mm) vs a 20x12 (-44mm) wheel. Looks and practicality wise.

I'm fairly set on running a 33x12.5 tire and keeping stock suspension (2017 2500 4x4 offroad package) for some time.

I know there will be a little trimming with both, and possible more trimming stuffing the 20x12 in. Both appear doable with the 33" tire though.

I thought I was pretty committed to a 20x10, but every wheel I see seems to look better in a 20x12 regardless of suspension setup. (@CustomOffsets)

Unlikely, but have considered doing a 2" drop to level the rear, but would most likely level the front in the future if anything.

Lot of personal preference here but if the 20x12 is going to be just silly and obnoxious I'm open minded.

Currently on stock wheels with some very bald Toyo M/T 295/60/r20.

I would think the 20x12 would be pretty bro dozer-ish. Do you live in an area with a lot of haters? LOL!

But seriously I hope to see some images. I run 20x10s with 35x12.5 not sure of offset but they were outside body by a couple inches. That prompted me to install flares. I like the look of outside body lines but tastefully.

Hoe far outside so you want to go?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189, ylwiron liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I would think the 20x12 would be pretty bro dozer-ish. Do you live in an area with a lot of haters? LOL!

But seriously I hope to see some images. I run 20x10s with 35x12.5 not sure of offset but they were outside body by a couple inches. That prompted me to install flares. I like the look of outside body lines but tastefully.

Hoe far outside so you want to go?
    Agreed, slinging rocks and stuff up the side of my truck is not ideal.

I purely like them for the fat, deep lip.

6. Likes watersupply189, ylwiron liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I don't like the wide wheels that many folks seem to like these days.

I went with the 20x9, and think it's a fairly classic look (personally 20x12 is not a good look, but to each his own.) 35's fit fine with a level in the front, but 37's fit with just a slight rub at full lock.

8. Thanks 6.7 Coal Train thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Definitely different strokes for different folks.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Permanent Vacation GrowingSouthFarms's Avatar

User Info Menu

20x12 and that huge "-" offset is definitely going to stretch those tires and stick waaaay out. Like said if that roller skate bro dozer look is what you are going for that will do it. Not my cup of tea though.

This is pretty much exactly what it will look like but lower (this has a level but same tire wheel combo).

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GrowingSouthFarms View Post
    20x12 and that huge "-" offset is definitely going to stretch those tires and stick waaaay out. Like said if that roller skate bro dozer look is what you are going for that will do it. Not my cup of tea though.

This is pretty much exactly what it will look like but lower (this has a level but same tire wheel combo).

I mean... I don't hate it. I do have factory flares too though.

Not much 20x12 love though here so maybe I'll reassess back to the 20x10. I had 20x9 on my old 1/2 ton and wasn't a huge fan with barely any offset.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8
    Permanent Vacation GrowingSouthFarms's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    I mean... I don't hate it. I do have factory flares too though.

Not much 20x12 love though here so maybe I'll reassess back to the 20x10. I had 20x9 on my old 1/2 ton and wasn't a huge fan with barely any offset.

At the end of the day it's your truck so do what makes you happy. Doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks. I'm old and just don't like that bro dozer look all the kids are running these days. I'm sure you will get a lot of guys under 25 that love it and a lot of guys over 40 that hate it. Just like skinny jeans :-)

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GrowingSouthFarms View Post
    At the end of the day it's your truck so do what makes you happy. Doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks. I'm old and just don't like that bro dozer look all the kids are running these days. I'm sure you will get a lot of guys under 25 that love it and a lot of guys over 40 that hate it. Just like skinny jeans :-)

Damn, my jeans are pretty tight too. I'm hip at 30.

Maybe I should go 22x14 after all!

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Went with some 20x10 Hostiles from @Custom Offsets.

So far, customer service has been excellent.

I'll post some pictures when wheels come in and I get the tires mounted.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post