Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  70
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Xotic Performance Head Studs

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Xotic Performance Head Studs

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsKiley View Post
    Am I willing to trust my engine (thousands of dollars to replace/repair) to a Chinese-made head stud, or do I pay a few hundred more for a well-known and trusted brand?
    That alone would answer any questions I had.

There are several posts in the forums about these breaking in the long run (one just recently, if I remember right).

I had the same concerns, but when looking at keeping the truck for a long time, the extra $$ was well worth it.

I didn't need the ARP 625s but I went that route anyway.

It was expensive then, but seeing others have issues with other brands several years later, I am glad I did what I did.

The extra expense wasn't bad, and the peace of mind was priceless.

2024 Ram 2500 Tradesman 6.4l Hemi
    2021 Charger GT AWD Triple Nickel/Black

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Re: Xotic Performance Head Studs

Quote Originally Posted by Aboshan View Post
    That alone would answer any questions I had. There are several posts in the forums about these breaking in the long run (one just recently if I remember right). I had the same concerns but when looking at keeping the truck for a very long time the extra $$ was well worth it. I really didn't need the ARP 625's but went that route anyway. It was expensive at the time but several years later and seeing others have issues with other brands I am glad I did what I did. Looking back the extra expense wasn't that bad and the peace of mind is priceless.
    I also recall a member having bad luck with Exotic studs recently, I think it was exotic.

He had a stud break off in the head, which could have a chance with removing it with the head in place.

He also tried to contact them for a replacement and found out, they had gone of business "due to Covid."

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

3. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, CrazyTrain liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234