Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noise Suppression

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Noise Suppression

Is anyone familiar with how the "Active Noise Suppression System" works?

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Noise Suppression

"...four separate microphones in the cabin that detect undesirable noise and then actively broadcast sound waves through the speakers to cancel out the offending sounds."

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Too bad their not real trucks anymore.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes watersupply189, InlineSix.7 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

What kinda weirdness is this???

I guess I ain’t got that in mine.

8. Likes watersupply189, InlineSix.7 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Too bad their not real trucks anymore.
    Call it what you will, but I'd rather road trip in my 19 than any other year, personal opinion. I like my creature comforts LOL.
    Now for a ****-off truck to go bomb through the desert in....gimme literally whatever, cause I'm gonna dump the bed, exocage it, hood stack it, and go full send.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
    What kinda weirdness is this???

I guess I ain’t got that in mine.
    This is new for 2019.

10. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Call it what you will, but I'd rather road trip in my 19 than any other year, personal opinion. I like my creature comforts LOL.
    Now for a ****-off truck to go bomb through the desert in....gimme literally whatever, cause I'm gonna dump the bed, exocage it, hood stack it, and go full send.

This is new for 2019.
    I've got enough comforts. Serius on the 60's, AC, cruise control, quiet and last week, 26 MPG through the Appalachian Mountains in PA. Having driven and looked under the 4th gens, I'll put my 3rd gen up to it anyday. Just the ability to abuse it more is a good start. I got rid of an 08 Laramie for my 03 SLT. It's all in the preferences. I was raised on an all metal truck, 1950 150, L Head 6, 3 speed. One tough truck

But alas, the end of all that is coming up. Having trouble getting in and out of the truck now.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, RamIt, Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I've got enough comforts. Serius on the 60's, AC, cruise control, quiet and last week, 26 MPG through the Appalachian Mountains in PA. Having driven and looked under the 4th gens, I'll put my 3rd gen up to it anyday. Just the ability to abuse it more is a good start. I got rid of an 08 Laramie for my 03 SLT. It's all in the preferences. I was raised on an all metal truck, 1950 150, L Head 6, 3 speed. One tough truck

But alas, the end of all that is coming up. Having trouble getting in and out of the truck now.
    I beat the absolute hell out of my 4th gen without issues. These things are built like tanks outside and limos inside. I also put a lot of miles on my vehicles, my 4th gen did 33k in a ~year without major travel. I've got 5k on my 5th gen and I've had it since August, which is tracking about 30k a year if you extrapolate it out. That said, things like heated and cooled seats, the 12" screen, etc etc are super important to me. I'll still put this truck to work though; it's my daily driver/moving truck/trail rig/etc.

But I know, all tech things can break and be expensive to replace. Fortunately, all I can hope for is that by the time that's a concern, the aftermarket will have significant options available.

14. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I beat the absolute hell out of my 4th gen without issues. These things are built like tanks outside and limos inside. I also put a lot of miles on my vehicles, my 4th gen did 33k in a ~year without major travel. I've got 5k on my 5th gen and I've had it since August, which is tracking about 30k a year if you extrapolate it out. That said, things like heated and cooled seats, the 12" screen, etc etc are super important to me. I'll still put this truck to work though; it's my daily driver/moving truck/trail rig/etc.

But I know, all tech things can break and be expensive to replace. Fortunately, all I can hope for is that by the time that's a concern, the aftermarket will have significant options available.

I find those screens a distraction. I've ignored them when I was a transporter. Hell, it took me 2 years to realize my wifes car has a backup cam. LOL I guess I'm just old and brought up with the basics. I'd be afraid of getting the interior dirty. LOL I don't work dirty anymore.

We all have our own preferences. You're a good man so I respect your opinions.

16. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I find those screens a distraction. I've ignored them when I was a transporter. Hell, it took me 2 years to realize my wifes car has a backup cam. LOL I guess I'm just old and brought up with the basics. I'd be afraid of getting the interior dirty. LOL I don't work dirty anymore.

We all have our own preferences. You're a good man so I respect your opinions.
    No I totally get where you are coming from with the screens, it definitely takes some getting used to. But i'll tell you what, that 360 surround view makes driving this thing through tight spaces a breeze!
    But I get it with the basics, just get in and go and don't worry about anything!

And you're absolutely right, I appreciate your candor and I respect your position on the matter too! You should give one of these 5th gens a whirl though; I think you might be pleasantly surprised. If you were closer to me, I'd tell you come check mine out!

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

No I totally get where you are coming from with the screens, it definitely takes some getting used to. But i'll tell you what, that 360 surround view makes driving this thing through tight spaces a breeze!
    But I get it with the basics, just get in and go and don't worry about anything!

And you're absolutely right, I appreciate your candor and I respect your position on the matter too! You should give one of these 5th gens a whirl though; I think you might be pleasantly surprised. If you were closer to me, I'd tell you come check mine out!
    I've been looking into an ECO 1500 RWD which is lower to the ground. Of course you'd have the Igota couch to yourself then. It's not a Cummins. The Eco seems to be limited to the upper models, but their website leaves allot to be desired. They don't tell you anything anymore.

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast