Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Towing a trailer

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The lock up switch basically makes the transmission a direct drive. When you are up to speed yes lock and O/D are pretty much the same thing. When you turn of off going up a hill it won't lock in the TC clutch. I do not use the lock up switch going up hill I use it on flats it will not let the trans down shift and it also helps braking all lil in 3rd and 4th as it will not down shift basically acting as a trans brake for a short period

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

See mine slipped at random moments. And I try to not use it. Sometimes I forget its on and come to a complete stop. And my truck stalls along with the sound of my tenant wanting to fall out

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yeah your trans is bout shot. When I have mine locked and I am slowing down one I am below 45 or so I turn it off. It helps my switches have an led light in them when the light is on its green so I am good to stop LOL

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Is there any benefit to this "Lock up switch"?

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Watch it in head winds too. Pulling that big box is like pulling a parachute. Same as going up hills. The faster you go, the more wind resistance too. Take it nice and easy and your trans will be there when you get back

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

^ Agreed ^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12