Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to do it

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Time to do it

I did the delete pipe and muffler stainless steel to be honest. I think I ordered it off eBay or Amazon.

Its 4" from the factory already so I stick with that. I'm out of town right now so don't have my receipts In front of me to give you the part numbers they offered it in aluminum as well.

Was a little cheaper than the stainless. I just went with the stainless. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying who I bought from......I hope!!!!

2015 cummins 2500 crew cab w/ rf 68 s&b cold air, mbrp stainless 4" w/ muffler, mm3 tuner from double r diesel, xdr throttle valve delete, xdr egr delete,shibby plug kit, traxda 3.5"/2" lift, 20x12 hostile wheels w/35" amp at/g tires

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Time to do it

R
    Quote Originally Posted by TDC View Post
    Yep I read that but that's one of the things I want to get rid of.

I guess I'm trying to make it as reliable as my old 5.9.

I have not had any problems but it just makes since to with this system problems will come.

No doubt... and problems did come for some folks. Somebody reviewin one of them 5.0’s in them Nissans had the egr cooler start leakin into the exhaust....blowin smoke like he never dun saw before limpin back to the dealer. Saw another one had the egr cooler dump coolant into the crossover pipe into the intake. Blowed his motor up.

EGR and DPF is your 2 worst time bombs, the DPF ain’t quite as lethal but it’ll still immobilize yer truck. Also, if the turbo lets go yer turbo AND yer DPF are toast. That would double the cost of that fix.

Dunno how much greenbacks ya got, but ya gotta pull quite a bit of stuff if ya want ‘er as bulletproof as yer old 5.9 was, startin with the egr and DPF. Then ya got that awful variable geo-sumthin turbo with that actuator the 5.9 didn’t have. Sure, it gives ya yer engine brake, but there’s other ones of those out there.

Last, for those of us with manuals, there’s the dual mass flywheel that I really wanna rip somebody’s ***** off for.

Swap out all that, and keep yer HP under 400 or so to keep them heads from wantin to blow off, and that ride’ll run til Gabriel’s trumpet blows.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12