94 Dodge ram 2500 Auto 47rh.
So I been holding off on my reverse lights for long enough. I took both the assemblies apart to check both bulbs. Both were okay. Tail lights work and tag lights work. I hooked up a test light to the trailer lights and seems to work okay also. Checked fuses all tested good with a test light. Okay cool. Checked wiring visually as everything I could see looked okay. Got back in the truck and moved from park to low 1 really fast.. reverse lights came on.. hmm okay. Weird.. shift lever was in neutral, kinda.
Put the trans back in park, and lights went out like normal.. back to reverse, still off.. neutral, nope. Crawled under truck used a test light and seen one wire was illuminating my test light.. others were off. Okay, put truck in park, one wire was still on. Back to reverse still on. Okay whatever.. I used a jumper wire on the harness connector and the reverse lights came on.. unplugged the jumper and they went out.
What are the chances of a bad neutral safety switch, versus bad shift linkage ??

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk