Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: California roadside emissions checkpoints....

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

California roadside emissions checkpoints....

Just wanted to address this for us Cali deleted drivers...

If you are stuck in a roadside emission inspection (much like a DUI checkpoint) you should know they are 100% VOLUNTARY as per the BAR.

https://www.bar.ca.gov/Consumer/Road...n_Program.aspx

Print out their page and keep it with you to show any CHP office that thinks they're going to force you into the test and if they do, start videoing the encounter and make sure you tell them you don't want to volunteer and get it on tape.

Your attorney will have the case and charges dropped before you step foot in any courtroom.

You get what you INSPECT, not what you EXPECT.

2. Thanks CMB thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Power247, InlineSix.7 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: California roadside emissions checkpoints....

One thing I've learned of government .... especially California government .... nothing is private, scrapped, discarded or thrown away.
    It will have your vehicle ID and the results stored.
    Sooner or later, someone who wants to push their agenda will find and use it.
    Look at past history.
    That's why I left when I retired.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan