Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revmax Tuneless valvebody 68RFE.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Revmax Tuneless valvebody 68RFE.

Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum.. had a quick question about line pressure regarding tuneless valve body’s, I was told 225 is the line pressure I should be seeing with a unit like this, but my cts2 is only displaying pretty much stock values. What would be the reason for this, and is it because the sensor picking up anything more than stock values it would go into Lino mode? Or throw high line pressure code? The truck shifts great and has the Revmax 550 kit with all the billet goodies. Would I have to do a mechanical gauge in order to see the 225psi?? Please help, I’d be happy to give more info if needed

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Revmax Tuneless valvebody 68RFE.

Quote Originally Posted by Twstdsteel View Post
    Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum.. had a quick question about line pressure regarding tuneless valve body’s, I was told 225 is the line pressure I should be seeing with a unit like this, but my cts2 is only displaying pretty much stock values. What would be the reason for this, and is it because the sensor picking up anything more than stock values it would go into Lino mode? Or throw high line pressure code? The truck shifts great and has the Revmax 550 kit with all the billet goodies. Would I have to do a mechanical gauge in order to see the 225psi?? Please help, I’d be happy to give more info if needed
    Welcome friend

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome!!

If no one else here has the answer I'm sure RevMax support could tell you if you call them on Monday.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Hey thanks guys, and yeah I’ll have to wait till Monday. 2013 ram big horn 2500, full delete, 72,000 miles. 3” rough country level springs. 18 mb wheels with 35” tires. Billet input, billet center support, billet flex plate, stage 4 billet torque converter Revmax 550 kit . Edge cts2 efi live. Shifts smooth like stock transmission but really gets the power to the ground. Very very pleased with everything, just wanted the satisfaction of seeing higher line presser after the install. But maybe that’s just vanity and serves no purpose if everything is working like it should

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Hey thanks guys, and yeah I’ll have to wait till Monday. 2013 ram big horn 2500, full delete, 72,000 miles. 3” rough country level springs. 18 mb wheels with 35” tires. Billet input, billet center support, billet flex plate, stage 4 billet torque converter Revmax 550 kit . Edge cts2 efi live. Shifts smooth like stock transmission but really gets the power to the ground. Very very pleased with everything, just wanted the satisfaction of seeing higher line presser after the install. But maybe that’s just vanity and serves no purpose if everything is working like it should
    I’ve got a RevMax 550 transmission in my truck with everything you have except the center support and it won’t get out of the driveway before line pressure hits 225 and during normal driving it peaks out at 252 pounds.

The main reason for the upgraded valve body is to allow the higher than stock line pressure.

That said, DRD sent me a custom tune when I upgraded my transmission that I’m betting included calling for a desired line pressure much higher than stock.

I’m sure the guys at @RevMax will get you squared away but you do want the higher line pressure for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yeah this post is regarding the zero tune valve body.. 225 psi without a tune. It’s a mechanical increase not a tuned increase. Just not seeing the line pressure I thought I would

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

How do you like the transmission? Amazing right??

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Yeah this post is regarding the zero tune valve body.. 225 psi without a tune. It’s a mechanical increase not a tuned increase. Just not seeing the line pressure I thought I would
    I’ll be very interested to hear what RevMax has to say about this tomorrow. All of their valve bodies should create the higher line pressure by design mechanically, but I wonder if the TCM has to “instruct” it to increase the pressure to levels greater than stock. Same as the fuel rail pressure on the engine?? Below is a screenshot from their website about the higher line pressures mentioning that tuning is required to get the higher pressure...

IMG_2290.JPG

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

15. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

How do you like the transmission? Amazing right??
    Yes I’ve been very happy with it. I’ve put over 800 miles on it towing the camper so far and it’s operated flawlessly. Nice to not have to worry about the transmission taking a dump on us in the mountains somewhere!

17. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by InlineSix.7 View Post
    I’ll be very interested to hear what RevMax has to say about this tomorrow. All of their valve bodies should create the higher line pressure by design mechanically, but I wonder if the TCM has to “instruct” it to increase the pressure to levels greater than stock. Same as the fuel rail pressure on the engine?? Below is a screenshot from their website about the higher line pressures mentioning that tuning is required to get the higher pressure...

IMG_2290.JPG

yeah this is a zero tune upgrade, I took a screenshot of Revmax website with some of the specs. Look up zero tune valvebody, it doesn’t require a tune

8C2F95C1-FEF4-44BD-B335-1B89F22EF6F0.jpg

19. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast