Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: DTC PO513, PO581, PO593, P1193, P2228, P2580

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

DTC PO513, PO581, PO593, P1193, P2228, P2580

After some routine maintenance on my truck I get all the codes that I have listed in the title. I performed an oil change, brakes all around, serpentine belt replacement, tire rotation, and added a resonator. When I clear the codes they come right back when I turn on the key. ??With so many code present it seems like something is unplugged, but I can't find anything obvious. The truck seems to run fine, but I'm leaving in the morning for a several thousand mile trip pulling a 5th wheel, and the thought of heading out with all those codes present doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

2. Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: DTC PO513, PO581, PO593, P1193, P2228, P2580

EPA found you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    2012 Ram 3500 with MM3/EGR delete. I've ran the MM3 for thousands of miles, so it's not new to me. After some routine maintenance on my truck I get all the codes that I have listed in the title. I performed an oil change, brakes all around, serpentine belt replacement, tire rotation, and added a resonator. When I clear the codes they come right back when I turn on the key. ??With so many code present it seems like something is unplugged, but I can't find anything obvious. The truck seems to run fine, but I'm leaving in the morning for a several thousand mile trip pulling a 5th wheel, and the thought of heading out with all those codes present doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
    I agree, it sounds like something got knocked loose while you were working on your truck. It could be that something got knocked but didn't get completely separated. I'd disconnect and reconnect any plug or harness in the areas you were working, especially up near the serpentine belt.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I agree, it sounds like something got knocked loose while you were working on your truck. It could be that something got knocked but didn't get completely separated. I'd disconnect and reconnect any plug or harness in the areas you were working, especially up near the serpentine belt.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    The crisis has been averted: I did as you suggested and cleared the codes. They didn't return. Looking back I also changed the fuel filter and I suspect it was that big plug right below the cowl. But why did the truck run fine on my test drive?

7. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    The crisis has been averted: I did as you suggested and cleared the codes. They didn't return. Looking back I also changed the fuel filter and I suspect it was that big plug right below the cowl. But why did the truck run fine on my test drive?
    Ah, yeah. That one is all in the way. Glad it was just that simple. I too am surprised that the truck ran fine with all those codes.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Likes Jaxonsram, watersupply189 liked this post