Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: NEW Injectors 3rd Gen Counterfeit BOSCH (Caveat Emptor)

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

NEW Injectors 3rd Gen Counterfeit BOSCH (Caveat Emptor)

Just a big warning to all out there needing new injectors.

We build engines -period no brake work, bulb replacement or wipers if you catch my point. One of our builds entailed new injectors in a total reman bored 6.7 Cummins engine -against my better judgement we were steered towards the evil bay place, saw the NEW ones with correct part numbers and in Bosch boxes for less than a grand. f

First warning- as we proceeded to install them noticed the wiring terminals would not exactly line up with the harness, maybe they assembler turned the coil too much. Second warning -copper nozzle washers twice as thick as the oems. Feed tube wouldn't seat correctly. Third warning-no trim codes, fourth warning- unable to tune engine precisely using Cummins scanner even entering a known trim code for all 6 Fifth warning- ten mile test drive, truck bellows out white smoke compression knocks , misfires and stalls out dead.

I have had remans (injectors) get sticky because of shelf storage, however this wasn't the case -4 of the NEW 6 had excessive leakage to the point when removed fuel ran out the nozzle!!!!!!!!!!.

NOW comes the good part of the story- even though the new injectors came in BOSCH boxes ,i really studied the labeling, the following spelling is not a typo- Raben Bosch-should be Robert), made in Brbzil-should be Brazil) and the address country -Getmany! should be Germany as many Cummins components are made in Brazil and China and India. I have no problem with offshore manufacturing -most companies adhere to ISO 9001 standards as most replacement parts have been made in other countries for years.

Lesson learned! Buy from a supplier that backs up their stuff not the money grabbing POS on the auction sites. I might add this cost me 22 labor hours and brainstorming with 2 other diesel gurus! Even Bosch was inscribed on the body's but the sequence numbering did not match Bosch's numbering system.

Tore two apart and the nozzle needle where it seats looked like it was finished with a file! Like WTF! Then I looked at the nozzle holes with a jewelers loop- WOW! the holes were so poorly machined I could have made better ones with a hammer and nail.
    All I can say is I know why they want gun control--because if the thieves that counterfeited these were in the woods on deer opening day I'd field dress them!!!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, InlineSix.7, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: NEW Injectors 3rd Gen Counterfeit BOSCH (Caveat Emptor)

eBay is so full of fraud its a joke!

We never buy anything there!!

Sorry to hear about your issues.

"The grass is greener where you water it"