Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: "The Ram Man"?? - Locking Hub Conversion

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

"The Ram Man"?? - Locking Hub Conversion

Does anybody have any experience with the product offered below? This is a front axle hub disconnect that uses a splined adapter to mate the factory Chrysler axle stub shaft to an F-250 unit bearing with locking hubs. What I like about how this setup is the looks. It doesn't stick out like the Spyntec hubs and allows you to even keep the factory lug nut cover in place if you want. Pricing appears to be more than Spyntec (Genos has Spyntechs for $1,550) and "the Ram Man" sells his for $1,795. The good thing about Spyntec is that it has a bearing setup that can be disassembled and repacked (or the bearings replaced if they fail) while the Ram Man's product is a non-serviceable factory style unit bearing. "The Ram Man" goes into depth as to how you can grease these through the ABS port but at the end of the day you can't really "re-pack" these bearings and when they fail you'll have to replace with a new unit bearing assembly. If anybody has any experience or input I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I'm frankly not sure that the improved looks would warrant basically paying more to get less. Does any other manufacture provide locking hubs that don't stick out by a mile?

http://therammaninc.com/products/sho...version-Kit-46

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

2. Likes watersupply189, Power247, Texastonka liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: "The Ram Man"?? - Locking Hub Conversion

I just changed my hubs to Dynatrac with their locking hubs. Expensive but I like the quality. You couldn’t give me unit bearing hubs. Hub stick out & hub covers are a problem though. I’m milling out an opening in the plastic lug nut/hub covers The Dynatrac hubs stick out a little less than others and with the positive offset of the factory wheels they still stick out a little. I’m not rock crawling or Jeep roading my truck so I don’t care. My old ‘97 Dodge Cummins is my ranch / hunting truck and the wheels protect the hubs better. Also the old fashioned locking hubs space the wheel bearings further apart spreading the cantilevered load out better than the narrower unit bearing hub sys., I believe it’s better in the long run. Just a note about Dynatrac locking hubs, something I didn’t realize until I went to install the whole sys. is when you service the wheel bearings the hubs come out piece by piece, they don’t come off as a unit like Warn, little bit of a pain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk