Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Install Confusion

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question RaceME Ultra Install Confusion

I purchased a used RaceME Ultra tuner off of eBay.

It had all 4 VIN's used, so I then purchased the extra VIN from RaceME.

*The tuner is updated with the latest version using the Raceme Agent. I got the file back from Raceme with the VIN unlock code.

I loaded it onto the SD card and the instructions say to "Go into Config Tools/Unlock codes again and press install unlock code".

The first issue is, when I turn on the Raceme unit, there is no Config Tools/Unlock option.

The only available options on the home screen are the 4 dashboard option on top and then on the bottom, there is just the ECU Tuning button, a Settings button, and a standby button. The settings button leads to the request an unlock code but I don't see where to update the new VIN?

If I can update the Raceme Ultra with the new VIN I think I can complete the install and flash the ECU.

Any help would be appreciated.

You get what you INSPECT, not what you EXPECT.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Ultra Install Confusion

When I bought the VIN unlock code for my MM3 I had to put the unlock file on the SD card and then put the SD card back in the tuner before plugging the tuner back into the truck. Maybe the RaceME Ultra is similar.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    When I bought the VIN unlock code for my MM3 I had to put the unlock file on the SD card and then put the SD card back in the tuner before plugging the tuner back into the truck. Maybe the RaceME Ultra is similar.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    Thanks Power, that's what I did but I think when I updated the software it removed or messed up the system. Going to re-do the update on the unit and try that.

6. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Hey Guy, how did everything go? I purchased a raceme on Amazon and the software is out of date, so trying to figure out how to update on a Mac.

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Also, did you buy your truck with the Prospector upgrades or build it yourself?

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NateB2316 View Post
    Hey Guy, how did everything go? I purchased a raceme on Amazon and the software is out of date, so trying to figure out how to update on a Mac.
    On my MacBook Pro (2010 model), it unzipped the file automatically.

I copied the old files off the SD card to a folder on my desktop, then copied the new files to the SD card root directory.

Disconnected OBD cable, inserted the SD card into the RaceMe, key on, reconnect OBD cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks NateB2316 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, NateB2316 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks, did the same last night. Ran the software today, said it was successful, DEF gauge went to full but I did not see any other messages on the truck side saying EGR was disabled etc?

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Couldn't get it to work... bought the EZ Lynk instead. EZ Lynk couldn't communicate with the ECU either. Was like WTF? Tore the electronics apart, found out AEV uses a control box to manage the 40" tires against the spedo... THAT was what was firewalling the tuners from talking to my ECU.

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Also, did you buy your truck with the Prospector upgrades or build it yourself?
    Its a conversion from AEV, so the truck doesn't have the RAM DOT Stickers on the doors, instead it's an AEV with the 40" tire disclosure so it's legal to be sold at dealerships. "Technically" it's no longer a "Ram" but an "AEV".... but in the reality you and I occupy it's a friggin Ram with a bunch of stuff on it

*Also I didn't buy it new (they are like $90K+), got it out of a divorce... damn that poor guy. NEVER GET MARRIED GUYS!

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Thanks, did the same last night. Ran the software today, said it was successful, DEF gauge went to full but I did not see any other messages on the truck side saying EGR was disabled etc?
    Did you open up the EGR and pull the plunger out so it doesn't cycle? (Like this: )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast