Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  67
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE FIRMWARE PROBLEMS

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

UPDATE FIRMWARE PROBLEMS

I've updated my MM3 about 3 months ago. had some problems w/ it like not coming on and not showing anything.

Here recently I've had more concerning issues like doors locking by them self's and starting by its self. I swore my son was kidding w/ me when he took the truck to a school dance.

I came home yesterday to move it it and bam. it started. I thought OK he's messing w/ me. I go in the house not home and now when I remote start it in the am before I get in it it will start for a morning then die or when I put the key in it it will die.

WTF is going on?

I NEVER had a problem w/ the way it was before.

Can I delete everything and reinstall it on the sd card then the tuner?

2. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: UPDATE FIRMWARE PROBLEMS

DO NOT FORMAT YOUR SD CARD.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Your problem is likely unrelated to your tune and sounds more like an electrical short with the body computer.

If you have access to a WiTech or Autel, run a BCM diag and go from there.

Otherwise, I'd suggest setting an appointment with your local dealership and having the truck diagnosed.

4. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I did have a problem w/ the update right off the back.

Like it wouldn't even install.

Like I said I've never had a problem w/ anything till the update was done.

6. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Don't take this the wrong way, but quite literally almost every single MM3/Ultra update problem has been user error of some sort.

When you say the update wouldn't install, what are you referring to?

Walk me through your whole update process from start to finish, and be detailed.

8. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Im working w/ Dirk @ the support email. so when i went too install the update a few months ago on the tuner the little computer chip was red and would let me download it. So after about an hour of running back and forth to the laptop to re try the download ( wasnt sure it took) is finally went thru turner finally started to updated. Then it stopped downloading for some unknown reason. So after all that ( and watching Rays vid on it) i got it to work. went to bed came out the next day no screen. Tapped the screen to come on it started to do its thing. then screen said something cant remember. got to work unplugged it for a few hours. plugged it in when leaving work all was fine. so about 1-2 weeks later did it again , and again. roughly a dozen times to now. and most recently locking the doors and starting the truck out of know where. now i can start the truck walk out put my key in the ignition and it will go off instead of stay running. i got the tuner in Oct of 2017. never a problem till i installed the update. I'm going to delete everything try to update it 1st then re-install my files. ( glad i keep that email)

10. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Sounds like a nightmare. This is why I don't do updates...

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I just did an update last week and had no issues at all.

Now for the truck starting by itself and doors locking, I would check your key fob and maybe replace the battery to see if that solves your issue.

Another thing is check your truck batteries to make sure they are fully charged and holding.

The MM3 likes juice and if one or both batteries are weak then it will screw things up.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

13. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, AK Bob, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I just deleted everything. Reinstalled and it’s worse now????????

15. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisOx View Post
    I just deleted everything. Reinstalled and it’s worse now????????
    As I said previously, did you check the charge and load test both truck batteries?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

17. Likes AK Bob, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

yes all is fine.

19. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast