Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Brand new BD Diesel Trans Pan weeping trans fluid?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Brand new BD Diesel Trans Pan weeping trans fluid?

Well as the title states, tonight I installed a Revmax valve body in My truck along with new filters and a new trans pan.

I got everything button back up and proceeded to add Mopar ATF +4 in.

I dumped in 8 quarts and thought I would take a peek under the truck to see if everything was dry and well, as you can probably guess, nope!

The brand new BD trans pan is weeping oil out of a pin hole in the casting right next to the BD emblem on the pan.

Has anyone had any issues with their pans?

Maybe this is just a fluke but upon initial unboxing of the pan I wasn’t highly impressed with the finish quality of it.

So now I have to call them on Monday and have them send me a new pan and hopefully reimburse me for the 60 bucks worth of ATF I dumped in.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Brand new BD Diesel Trans Pan weeping trans fluid?

Quote Originally Posted by Ctd2001 View Post
    Well as the title states, tonight I installed a Revmax valve body in My truck along with new filters and a new trans pan.

I got everything button back up and proceeded to add Mopar ATF +4 in.

I dumped in 8 quarts and thought I would take a peek under the truck to see if everything was dry and well, as you can probably guess, nope!

The brand new BD trans pan is weeping oil out of a pin hole in the casting right next to the BD emblem on the pan.

Has anyone had any issues with their pans?

Maybe this is just a fluke but upon initial unboxing of the pan I wasn’t highly impressed with the finish quality of it.

So now I have to call them on Monday and have them send me a new pan and hopefully reimburse me for the 60 bucks worth of ATF I dumped in.
    Oh man that’s not good!

Hopefully they will reimburse you for the fluid.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Ouch!

Hope the take care of this without much push back.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I hope so as well, the most annoying part of the entire thing is having to drop the pan again and deal with the tranny fluid mess dripping.

I should have gone with the Mag Hytec Pan, I had that on my 01 for 15 years and never a problem.

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I hope so as well, the most annoying part of the entire thing is having to drop the pan again and deal with the tranny fluid mess dripping.

I should have gone with the Mag Hytec Pan, I had that on my 01 for 15 years and never a problem.
    Does that one have a plug?

When you drain it put the fluid in a clean container and dump it back in when the new pans installed.

Save you a trip to the parts store at least.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

It does have a drain plug, thought about reusing the fluid, just not a huge fan of that method, not matter how sterile you try to be always a risk of contaminates getting into the fluid, dirt from under the truck falling in it.

Have to see what I can come up with.

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I have an update for anyone that may be interested, I called BD this morning and told them about my problem and told them I have pictures I can send , they said no problem, send us an email with what you just stated to me along with a copy of your invoice, I told the representative that I purchased the pan through amazon and I can email a copy of the amazon receipt, at that point he said, oh, well we can’t help you then, Amazon is not an authorized dealer for us and you will have to take up returning the pan through them. I said if they are not an authorized distributer, then how are they selling your product? He said we are trying to figure out which one of our vendors are selling to Amazon. I said, so even though they are not authorized you still wont stand behind your product and his answer was yes. I said welp, thanks for nothing and hung up. I called amazon and talked with a representative and I must say their customer service was excellent. Explained the situation, he said no problem, you will have a new one tomorrow, just put the defective one in the box and send it back with the return label. I then mentioned to him about the 90 dollars worth of trans fluid I had put in and I said I’m going to loose that fluid and have to replace it, he said, yes your right, Ill send you another 12 quarts at no charge since you can’t return the fluid. I said great. Long story short BD Diesel thumbs down,Amazon thumbs up!. I guess beware if you purchase anything from amazon and the manufacture does not have them as a supporting vendor/distributor

13. Thanks Power247, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes InlineSix.7, Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I have an update for anyone that may be interested, I called BD this morning and told them about my problem and told them I have pictures I can send , they said no problem, send us an email with what you just stated to me along with a copy of your invoice, I told the representative that I purchased the pan through amazon and I can email a copy of the amazon receipt, at that point he said, oh, well we can’t help you then, Amazon is not an authorized dealer for us and you will have to take up returning the pan through them. I said if they are not an authorized distributer, then how are they selling your product? He said we are trying to figure out which one of our vendors are selling to Amazon. I said, so even though they are not authorized you still wont stand behind your product and his answer was yes. I said welp, thanks for nothing and hung up. I called amazon and talked with a representative and I must say their customer service was excellent. Explained the situation, he said no problem, you will have a new one tomorrow, just put the defective one in the box and send it back with the return label. I then mentioned to him about the 90 dollars worth of trans fluid I had put in and I said I’m going to loose that fluid and have to replace it, he said, yes your right, Ill send you another 12 quarts at no charge since you can’t return the fluid. I said great. Long story short BD Diesel thumbs down,Amazon thumbs up!. I guess beware if you purchase anything from amazon and the manufacture does not have them as a supporting vendor/distributor
    Man, Amazon really holding up. I've returned a few things in the past and never an issue. Glad they are taking care of this for you.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Glad this was resolved - the reality is right or wrong BD has a policy to protect itself and authorized dealers for MAP pricing and quality control (hence leaky pan). I’ve worked at a company who had to deal with sellers on amazon and it’s a nightmare trying to police it and amazon is not supportive of trying to protect a brand but rather grow theirs.

Hopefully the new pan works like it should.

If if you are going to spend good money on a product then just buy it direct so you know exactly what you are getting IMO

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post