Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Aftermarket passenger intercooler tube work with stock air bo

1. Top Of Page | #1

Aftermarket passenger intercooler tube work with stock air bo

Will an aftermarket tube (like Banks or Pusher for example) fit with the stock air box?

Or is a aftermarket cold air intake needed?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Aftermarket passenger intercooler tube work with stock air bo

Quote Originally Posted by 650ram2500 View Post
    Will an aftermarket tube (like Banks or Pusher for example) fit with the stock air box?

Or is a aftermarket cold air intake needed?

Thanks in advance!

Are you looking for something like this? I have this on my truck and it works great.
    MIT .png

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Yep, something like that. I just know the factory one is dented and I think skinnier, so just wondering if the room is ok under the factory air box. Wasn't it dented to be able to fit?

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 650ram2500 View Post
    Yep, something like that. I just know the factory one is dented and I think skinnier, so just wondering if the room is ok under the factory air box. Wasn't it dented to be able to fit?

The inter-cooler pipes have dents in them, the intake tube is ribbed. I wanted a smooth intake tube that's why I got the AirAid.

Even with the new inter-cooler pipes, you will only have so much flow at the intake horn / grid heater.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ok, I'm confused.

The airaid tube above goes from the air box to the turbo.

The intercooler tube is post turbo and has nothing to do with your air box.

You can absolutely change your cooler pipes without changing your air box.

The only thing to consider is the intake horn size if you plan on changing that in the future.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

10. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post