Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tuning question

Hey guys I was reading some articles and forums online as well as watching some videos regarding the epa and tuning crackdown that’s been going on as of recently. Hypothetically speaking if someone was wanting to eventually delete and tune their truck would it be ok if they waited say until their warranty expires? Or should they do the theoretical work ASAP? I know I have read of one of the more popular tuners who frequent the site and seen that they have significantly changed their business approach. Just wanted your guys opinion/thoughts on the situtation.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tuning question

Quote Originally Posted by Philadave19030 View Post
    Hey guys I was reading some articles and forums online as well as watching some videos regarding the epa and tuning crackdown that’s been going on as of recently. Hypothetically speaking if someone was wanting to eventually delete and tune their truck would it be ok if they waited say until their warranty expires? Or should they do the theoretical work ASAP? I know I have read of one of the more popular tuners who frequent the site and seen that they have significantly changed their business approach. Just wanted your guys opinion/thoughts on the situtation.
    If you're gonna do it, just do it.
    If one was to wait until warranty expires, the carbon build up in the intake tract is going to be atrocious and impossible to remove.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I weighed this same hypothetical situation when I bought my truck years ago. You will make the right decision.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I know I eventually would like to go that route just don’t know when I guess.

It’s been interesting reading all the articles recently about the witch hunt on diesel performance vendors.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I know I eventually would like to go that route just don’t know when I guess.

It’s been interesting reading all the articles recently about the witch hunt on diesel performance vendors.
    I purchased an extended warranty when I bought my truck new and I was going to wait for my warranty to run out, I had EGRless tuning and when the dealer threatened to void all my warranty at 5k miles, I got my money back for my extended warranty, said frick it, and deleted my truck. Best decision I ever made.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    I purchased an extended warranty when I bought my truck new and I was going to wait for my warranty to run out, I had EGRless tuning and when the dealer threatened to void all my warranty at 5k miles, I got my money back for my extended warranty, said frick it, and deleted my truck. Best decision I ever made.
    Most extended warranties are 3rd party and can't be voided by a dealership. I had one on my Camaro, and I specifically asked about performance modifications and per the contract, all of the engine components would still be covered, just the aftermarket parts would not be...as warranties are designed to do.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Most extended warranties are 3rd party and can't be voided by a dealership. I had one on my Camaro, and I specifically asked about performance modifications and per the contract, all of the engine components would still be covered, just the aftermarket parts would not be...as warranties are designed to do.
    This was a Mopar added care plus extended warranty through the dealer, they refunded my money so all is good.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

14. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    This was a Mopar added care plus extended warranty through the dealer, they refunded my money so all is good.
    Oooooo OK I gotcha.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I just bought a 14 and trying to get it competition ready but no one will do modified emissions tunes anymore and my tuner.

I've been trying to find a way to tweak my own tunes but haven't had any luck.

I know I don't want to compete with active emission equipment.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkatt View Post
    I just bought a 14 and trying to get it competition ready but no one will do modified emissions tunes anymore and my tuner.

I've been trying to find a way to tweak my own tunes but haven't had any luck.

I know I don't want to compete with active emission equipment.
    Find another tuner because plenty of people are still doing emissions free tuning.

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast