Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heater Grid a bottleneck when other bottlenecks removed?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Heater Grid a bottleneck when other bottlenecks removed?

Question for the big daddies... Fully deleted 2017. DRD lite tunes. I have a Pusher intake, I just ordered the Banks intercooler with new fat pipes supposedly flows 48% better than stock. Will I have an intake "bottleneck" now at my heater grid if I don't delete that? Will I need new tunes to take advantage of it?

2. Thanks Mirth3500 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Heater Grid a bottleneck when other bottlenecks removed?

I see you live in Florida.

Just remove the grid heater and move on with life LOL

It's not really a restriction persay, just a carbon trap that could make it a restriction

4. Likes watersupply189, Mirth3500 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks, I plan on it, I like the Pusher HGD. I do drive to TN sometimes but not in snowy weather.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Camp2SeaDoo View Post
    Thanks, I plan on it, I like the Pusher HGD. I do drive to TN sometimes but not in snowy weather.
    You may experience some minor difficulties in starting in colder weather, but nothing that should cause you any major concerns.

Plug in the block heater and you should be fine.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

8. Thanks Camp2SeaDoo thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

These trucks will still start in 0 degree temps without heat. It may take a second for cranking but it will. Make sure your batteries are in good health.

i would be thinking the turbo is your bottle neck point with opening things up. Are you stock or running a larger charger?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes RamIt, watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I'm in Florida as well, no grid heater, and I've been just fine starting in below 5 degree weather without issue. Outside of Florida of course. Haha.

You won't have any issue though, it was worth it to get it out of there. No tuning required, just take the extra two minutes to disconnect the cable and get it out of there.

Sadly, now that I Banks'd mine up I want the BMP open plenum plate.

Takes care of the grid heater, and opens up that portion of your bay..... One day I'll make the switch. LOL

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Mirth3500, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Camp2SeaDoo View Post
    Question for the big daddies... Fully deleted 2017. DRD lite tunes. I have a Pusher intake, I just ordered the Banks intercooler with new fat pipes supposedly flows 48% better than stock. Will I have an intake "bottleneck" now at my heater grid if I don't delete that? Will I need new tunes to take advantage of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post

It's not really a restriction persay, just a carbon trap that could make it a restriction
    Ask Ray @DRD about a Shibby delete kit.

Ramit when I pulled my heater out of my 08, there was a dramatic change in the performance.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Likes watersupply189, RamIt liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Ask Ray @DRD about a Shibby delete kit.

Ramit when I pulled my heater out of my 08, there was a dramatic change in the performance.
    Not saying it's impossible, just saying I can't see how. Additionally, Shibby himself has even stated that the heaters don't pose a restriction. The associated casting creates some turbulence on #1 , but that's about it. (When discussing trucks under 700hp)
    Was your grid clogged when you removed it?

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

18. Thanks Camp2SeaDoo thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Not saying it's impossible, just saying I can't see how. Additionally, Shibby himself has even stated that the heaters don't pose a restriction. The associated casting creates some turbulence on #1 , but that's about it. (When discussing trucks under 700hp)
    Was your grid clogged when you removed it?
    No I disconnect the EGR before I left the dealer lot. LOL I had a 27.5 they bough back which was a test bed.

I'll have to check with Kurt on the restriction. Hard for me to swallow. You could barely see through it. The grid shown here looks different as i remember. It's open more

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

20. Likes watersupply189, RamIt liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast