Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  25
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heater Grid a bottleneck when other bottlenecks removed?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Heater Grid a bottleneck when other bottlenecks removed?

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post

So this actually visualizes what I was saying. The grid isn't the restriction, but the casting is where the problem lies. All things considered, yes that opening looks significantly larger; but you'd need to compare volumetric efficiency between the before and after to really determine the level of improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    No I disconnect the EGR before I left the dealer lot. LOL I had a 27.5 they bough back which was a test bed.

I'll have to check with Kurt on the restriction. Hard for me to swallow. You could barely see through it. The grid shown here looks different as i remember. It's open more
    I wish I could do that without my truck having a meltdown. Just waiting to see what the universe holds for me on that front.
    But as far as differences on heaters go, I cannot comment as this is the only style I've ever seen.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    So this actually visualizes what I was saying. The grid isn't the restriction, but the casting is where the problem lies. All things considered, yes that opening looks significantly larger; but you'd need to compare volumetric efficiency between the before and after to really determine the level of improvement.

I wish I could do that without my truck having a meltdown. Just waiting to see what the universe holds for me on that front.
    But as far as differences on heaters go, I cannot comment as this is the only style I've ever seen.
    That casting is part of the grid heater, with a grid heater delete you get a new casting. Unless I’m looking at that wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    That casting is part of the grid heater, with a grid heater delete you get a new casting. Unless I’m looking at that wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may be wildly incorrect here, but I'm pretty certain that the picture you shared is a grid heater plate that's been machined to remove the heater.
    Regardless, it's similar to what is sold on the aftermarket.

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/0...whos-done.html

Hate bringing this site here, but for the sake of this discusison, page 1 clarifies my point.

Most that have removed the heater have done so in response to other factors; removing the heater by itself has netted no noticeable improvements.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Best reason to delete grid heater is if it’s caked with soot from egr. Flow wise unless you are pushing real big numbers 8-900+hp then it’s really not a restriction.

with that being said there are several mods that are not “needed” so do what you’d like and enjoy it!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks Camp2SeaDoo thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, RamIt liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    These trucks will still start in 0 degree temps without heat. It may take a second for cranking but it will. Make sure your batteries are in good health.

i would be thinking the turbo is your bottle neck point with opening things up. Are you stock or running a larger charger?
    Stock turbo, Tex!

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12