Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: ECM

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

ECM

after a lot of testing we found 3 separate problems with my ecm. I tried to order one from a reputable place. someone told me of a place here in Florida I could send it to that would rebuild it but I didn't like the response I got when I called and it looks like this guy does it in his garage. I tried to use flagship one to buy a computer and they have royally screwed me and wasted a week of my time. moral of the story, has anyone used a company before to either rebuild an ecm or purchase an ecm? I need my truck back asap as hunting season is coming. thank you!

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: ECM

I've used ecm-module experts. I believe they are out of Florida. About $500 if I remember correctly. It's still in my truck with no issues. It was a reman out of a 2011 so the dealer had to reflash to 2012 to get rid of the abs light.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I appreciate the info. only other problem I'm having is that the reference number on my valve cover is gone.... looks like prior to my owning the truck, someone wiped that stupid sticker with some kind of solvent. Its just a white sticker now

I have everything else though.

Any ideas on how I can get the reference number?

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I couldn't find my reference number on the valve cover either.

So I dug around the garage for the plastic junk I'd already removed from the engine bay and it was on there.

Mines a 2012.

Edit... I just saw you have an 04 so this probably doesn't apply.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by TH-64; 10-08-2019 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Added info
    2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

for future information, on the 04, the engine data plate with the esn also has the reference number on it. my sticker for the reference number had been wiped with solvent prior to my owning the truck. but its also on that plate. I went ahead (against my mechanics advice) and put all the trans parts in, left the computer unplugged for like 3 days and batteries off. once I got the trans buttoned up I decided to drive it and see if it set any codes. its better than ever before

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post