Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The All New RAM Tractor

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

The All New RAM Tractor

So I live on the side of the mountain and my driveway has been washed out.

I got all kinds of dirt sitting at the bottom of my driveway where it connects to the road.

I need to get that dirt out of there and the only way to go is up.

My old ford 8n tractor doesn't have the power to pull the dirt up hill, but my Cummins does.

So I got a hitch and plow, did some modifications cause the truck sits to high and now I got the new ram tractor.

That dirt doesn't stand a chance now.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: The All New RAM Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradopest View Post
    So I live on the side of the mountain and my driveway has been washed out.

I got all kinds of dirt sitting at the bottom of my driveway where it connects to the road.

I need to get that dirt out of there and the only way to go is up.

My old ford 8n tractor doesn't have the power to pull the dirt up hill, but my Cummins does.

So I got a hitch and plow, did some modifications cause the truck sits to high and now I got the new ram tractor.

That dirt doesn't stand a chance now.

That’s an awesome setup! How do you get it to raise to make another pass?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

3. Likes Thomas1960, AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    That’s an awesome setup! How do you get it to raise to make another pass?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!
    If you look closely you'll see some wires running from the bed down to the set up. That's going from a battery in the back of the truck to a winch that I use to raise it.
    I will say this would be a hell of a lot easier if I had a reverse camera cause I cant see it when inside the truck. I was hoping removing the tailgate would help but it doesn't

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradopest View Post
    If you look closely you'll see some wires running from the bed down to the set up. That's going from a battery in the back of the truck to a winch that I use to raise it.
    I will say this would be a hell of a lot easier if I had a reverse camera cause I cant see it when inside the truck. I was hoping removing the tailgate would help but it doesn't
    Oh gotcha!! Yeah I seen the wires but not the winch. Definitely a backup camera would help. Maybe invest in an aftermarket camera? Cool setup!

Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

7. Likes Thomas1960, AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Oh gotcha!! Yeah I seen the wires but not the winch. Definitely a backup camera would help. Maybe invest in an aftermarket camera? Cool setup!

Backup camera is on my list of things to add. But 1st I gotta get the "fuel economy enhancement kit". I also want to switch the lift kit to a long arm, regear and add a limited slip

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I helped a friend install a Garmin that had a camera for the bumper. It worked. Maybe you could look into that ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

11. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Great idea, with the box scraper!

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I helped a friend install a Garmin that had a camera for the bumper. It worked. Maybe you could look into that ?
    I actually already got a aftermarket radio in that can be used with a camera.

I just need to get the camera and hook it up.

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Saw this on pinterest

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Saw this on pinterest

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ad23175c8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Now that’s a truck! LOL

19. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast