Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  56
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019+ fuel pump

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: 2019+ fuel pump

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Hard to say, but with the high failure rate of the 4.2, I wouldn't take any chances with it.
    From what I have read the 4.2 uses less fuel volume which gives less lubrication. Fuel additives will add to the lubrication of the crappy diesel fuel now days.

2021 2500 68RFE..... I'll just keep the goodies a secret!!!

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Booch035 View Post
    From what I have read the 4.2 uses less fuel volume which gives less lubrication. Fuel additives will add to the lubrication of the crappy diesel fuel now days.
    Also possible, right there there are too many variables and not enough concrete data to really be sure. However, I will also say that from my understanding the CP4 on the DMaxs & our CP4.2 are not identical. The Dmax pumps had exponentially high failure rates right out of the gate.

I'll be the first to let y'all know if my pump fails and what was discovered as to why.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Also possible, right there there are too many variables and not enough concrete data to really be sure. However, I will also say that from my understanding the CP4 on the DMaxs & our CP4.2 are not identical. The Dmax pumps had exponentially high failure rates right out of the gate.

I'll be the first to let y'all know if my pump fails and what was discovered as to why.
    Hopefully the 4.2 has been upgraded. With the dmax's they were wearing out and sending metal shavings down stream.

I have been running Powerservice in my truck since I got it. Also at 10k now and running great. Soon to be switching to antigel here in PA.

Hope she lasts a while!!!! I'll also keep giving milage updates on the CP4.2!

6. Thanks RamIt, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Hopefully the 4.2 has been upgraded. With the dmax's they where wearing out and sending metal shavings down stream.

I have been running Powerservice in my truck since I got it. Also at 10k now and running great. Soon to be switching to antigel here in PA.

Hope she lasts a while!!!! I'll also keep giving milage updates on the CP4.2!
    You've put 10,000 miles on your 19 already?????????

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

You've put 10,000 miles on your 19 already?????????
    Well its more like 9,500 at the moment. LOL. Have had it since mid May. Its my daily driver and pulls our horse trailer.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Well its more like 9,500 at the moment. LOL. Have had it since mid May. Its my daily driver and pulls our horse trailer.
    You do some driving my friend LOL. I'm just shy of 5k on mine as a DD so miles per year we aren't far off. You're probably the first one with 5 digits on a 5th gen LOL

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

You do some driving my friend LOL. I'm just shy of 5k on mine as a DD so miles per year we aren't far off. You're probably the first one with 5 digits on a 5th gen LOL
    Its nice to see someone else that racks the miles up daily also. I'm doing a 5k road trip over Christmas. Going to track all my miles and mpg's and post on here.

14. Thanks RamIt, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Its nice to see someone else that racks the miles up daily also. I'm doing a 5k road trip over Christmas. Going to track all my miles and mpg's and post on here.
    I don't buy anything to look at it or park it in a garage. And I definitely buy trucks to use them!!!

Look forward to seeing your road trip posts, that will be interesting

16. Likes Booch035, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

I don't buy anything to look at it or park it in a garage. And I definitely buy trucks to use them!!!

Look forward to seeing your road trip posts, that will be interesting

I used to do that LOL then i decided that if i am going to be paying for this thing im gonna enjoy it like everyone else does LOL. I try to find every excuse to take the truck out unless we go somewhere where i know is a bad area or extremely tight parking then we take the ol hoopty.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

18. Thanks RamIt, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Booch035, RamIt, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DDP View Post
    I used to do that LOL then i decided that if i am going to be paying for this thing im gonna enjoy it like everyone else does LOL. I try to find every excuse to take the truck out unless we go somewhere where i know is a bad area or extremely tight parking then we take the ol hoopty.
    Our GT350 stays parked most of the week just because I leave for work around 6AM, it's parked in the garage, and it's DUMB loud on cold start. I lost a garage at my old apartment complex because my ZL1 was too loud, so not trying to catch complaints. But when it does come out (which I just drove it all yesterday and we will take it out again this weekend) it gets the eyeballs driven out of it

It's also wildly impractical for a daily driver because it gets like 9MPG

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast