Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Delete

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2019 Delete

Got this link from another source. This YouTube video will show you how it's done and provide lots of information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=huxNW9I3DT0

What I now need is to find out if he can do mine, what it might cost and an appointment in early May.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2019 Delete

This guy is from Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yes, Canada. Not the issue. The issue to me is it can be done if the right person gets involved.

I would drive from South Florida to near anywhere in Canada to get that done later next Spring. That guy is a genius. Now whether he will do it for some "Joe Schmo" like me, what it might cost etc. Who knows?

Seeing the EGR off the top above the throttle plate was a surprise. Then with all the EGR cooler junk removed the engine actually looked like a real in-line 6. Add all the huge amounts of crap removed from under the truck and it's quite a feat just from the physical standpoint. Now get into dealing with the computer end and my small mind is both expanded and boggled.

6. Thanks TXGrorge, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes TXGrorge, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMal View Post
    Yes, Canada. Not the issue. The issue to me is it can be done if the right person gets involved.

I would drive from South Florida to near anywhere in Canada to get that done later next Spring. That guy is a genius. Now whether he will do it for some "Joe Schmo" like me, what it might cost etc. Who knows?

Seeing the EGR off the top above the throttle plate was a surprise. Then with all the EGR cooler junk removed the engine actually looked like a real in-line 6. Add all the huge amounts of crap removed from under the truck and it's quite a feat just from the physical standpoint. Now get into dealing with the computer end and my small mind is both expanded and boggled.
    He is not the only one. He is just the only one putting it out on youtube since the epa can't attack him. Actually putting it out for everyone to see is not the smartest move right now. Now thats just my 2 cents.

2021 2500 68RFE..... I'll just keep the goodies a secret!!!

8. Thanks CaptainMal, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Booch035 View Post
    He is not the only one. He is just the only one putting it out on youtube since the epa can't attack him. Actually putting it out for everyone to see is not the smartest move right now. Now thats just my 2 cents.
    Appreciate that information and insight.

With less than 1,000 miles on mine I want to wait until next Spring and then do something.

Trying to find out what, who and how something can be done.

Would really like a variation of the GDE I had on my Ecodiesel for over 5 years. No working EGR and a DEF system that squirted water with the sensors turned off. Just turning off the EGR would be acceptable. Then, when something breaks on the DPF you finish the job.

That video is the first time I ever saw a complete delete and what all was involved.

Surely I am not the only one so uninformed.

Just seeing that was good information.

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, TXGrorge liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Appreciate that information and insight.

With less than 1,000 miles on mine I want to wait until next Spring and then do something.

Trying to find out what, who and how something can be done.

Would really like a variation of the GDE I had on my Ecodiesel for over 5 years. No working EGR and a DEF system that squirted water with the sensors turned off. Just turning off the EGR would be acceptable. Then, when something breaks on the DPF you finish the job.

That video is the first time I ever saw a complete delete and what all was involved.

Surely I am not the only one so uninformed.

Just seeing that was good information.
    Look into DRD....

12. Likes watersupply189, CaptainMal liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

That is probably good advice and I respect both this forum and that advice. I have tried.

Two issues holding me back. One is the reality that i am going to use this truck for my Fall hunting starting next week. Working hard to get it set up and am a cap away from done. Will be both light towing and doing some off road things the next couple of months to Thanksgiving. Have some issues with tailgate cables the wrong length and maybe something else and expect to go back to the dealer for warranty work by Christmas. Know that when I do the delete that warranty is toast.

Next is the current situation. I am well aware of what has been going on. Also aware of my having to pay to get in touch with them. Based on my recent attempts I learned that without paying for a Premium Membership I cannot get any information on what could be done. I also do not want to attract unwanted attention to the issue with the current climate inflamed. Since I am waiting for a few months or Spring, it is best to push and don nothing. Related to this is my readings of others inflamed at this forum for mentioning other companies and getting banned. I am naive and "green' on issues like this so it is best I keep quiet right now, use the truck stock, get the minor things done and deal with this issue later.

Learning is not a bad thing so occasionally I will ask and respond to information as it may come available. Appreciate the response.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Shall I get some hardware from eBay or wait?

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TXGrorge View Post
    Shall I get some hardware from eBay or wait?

I'm waiting until I figure out just what is available and what I might need.

Do not think the actual hardware will be much of a problem in the future. Most if not all can be made if need be. It's the diagnostics and programming , with all the equipment variables and performance parameters to fit each owners needs. I do NOT want power increases. I want clean running, reliable, no EGR contamination and increased fuel mileage.

The search for that will continue.

18. Thanks watersupply189, GravesDiesel thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, GravesDiesel liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Got this link from another source. This YouTube video will show you how it's done and provide lots of information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=huxNW9I3DT0

What I now need is to find out if he can do mine, what it might cost and an appointment in early May.
    I forgot to ask in my 1st reply... What are the specs on your new truck?

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast