Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: “Service Electronic Braking System”

1. Top Of Page | #11

Re: “Service Electronic Braking System”

Hey all - Sorry to bump an old thread, but looks like this issue is finally getting some traction as a class-action in Texas -

https://usautolaw.com/lawsuits/ram-h...efect-lawsuit/

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/te...cv00447/214931

My 2018 Ram 3500 just started with the warning this week. Found an ABS Control on PartsGeek, and grabbed the HCU on RockAuto (said it was the last one) for about $750 total.

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

So as someone with a slightly modified 2018 truck, can this be done without flashing the computer? Or do said modifications have to be put back to stock?

got this message one time and thought it was a dirty wheel sensor issue, looking like that may not be the case

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

Quote Originally Posted by jneal View Post
    So as someone with a slightly modified 2018 truck, can this be done without flashing the computer? Or do said modifications have to be put back to stock?

got this message one time and thought it was a dirty wheel sensor issue, looking like that may not be the case

I've seen videos and posts both ways. Some say no flashing required, others say it's required. The dealership I spoke with here in Jacksonville said flashing was required - a Youtube video I watched yesterday claimed his dealership said the same, but he replaced, and it's working without issue (no flash).

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jneal View Post

When my cousin did mine at his dealer they didn't have to re-flash it.

But might depend on the year of the truck.

2014 ram slt. 6.8L, s472, ddp supermental 150%'s, 12mm CP3, fleece powerflo, stage 2 d&j head, revmax 700,

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12