User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE Question

Manual for sure.

I have a 68 built and it sucks.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, Winks liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

The exhaust brake will slow to a crawl in first on a G56 but only to 20ish mph in 3RD on a 68RFE. Heavy and steep, this is a big advantage imho.
    Auto is nice in traffic and a stick is great everywhere else.
    The G56 reverse shift pattern should be opposite...what were they thinking!!?

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cumminsforlife! View Post
    Getting closer to buying my truck. Still trying to decide whether I want to go with a G56 or 68RFE.

I tried to do a bit of research on here before I asked about this, but didn't come across anything, but if there's a thread about it, maybe someone can direct me to it.

What I want to know is, if I put Ray's deleted tunes on a 68RFE, what trans upgrades would be recommended so that I could run the truck on the higher HP tunes?
    Ive been running the 120hp tune for 70k miles with 0 issues.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Well, I don't have the same good story on the 68RFE. Took it out last Sunday bringing home some pizza on the 120HP tune. Never had an issue, until I had a big issue. Probably could have had it covered under warranty, but figured if it happened once I was just going to have it happen again...... and the next time I may not be so close to home! Rebuilt and upgraded should be here Friday.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ylwiron View Post
    Well, I don't have the same good story on the 68RFE. Took it out last Sunday bringing home some pizza on the 120HP tune. Never had an issue, until I had a big issue. Probably could have had it covered under warranty, but figured if it happened once I was just going to have it happen again...... and the next time I may not be so close to home! Rebuilt and upgraded should be here Friday.
    What happened to the ole trans?

I hope it wasn't the extra weight from hauling a couple pizza pies.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

10. Likes watersupply189, Power247, ylwiron liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    What happened to the ole trans?

I hope it wasn't the extra weight from hauling a couple pizza pies.

yep, I guess it was the extra meat and cheese.... My wife always said it was going to catch up to me someday!

12. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I did a 2nd gen swap s364sxe at 130k miles with mm3, i turned it down to the 30hp tune due to trans starting to slip a little bit after running the 90hp tune for 9k miles. Truck is a daily driver, 2 launches for fun, rest is freeway driving.

'13 CCSB 6.7
    DRD tuned MM3, deleted, H&S S364SXE, Steed Speed CNC manifold, 5" exhaust, Banks 3.5" intake manifold, grid heater delete, CAT fuel filters, BW44-47 swap, CAD delete w/ one piece axle, Dynatrac free spin, Detroit rear AAM/PW front e-locker, 4.88 Nitro gears, Carli Pintop 3.25", King 2.5, Carli-Deaver leaf packs, Carli radius arms, Carli steering stabilizers, 1" blocks in rear, bronze 20x10 Fuel Coverts, 38x13.50x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

14. Likes RamIt, watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12