Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  74
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CAT Fuel Filter and Stock filter delete questions

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: CAT Fuel Filter and Stock filter delete questions

I just ordered this kit cause I broke the damn cap on the stock unit.

How is it holding up?

Was it worth it?

2. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

I have a cat fuel filtration system on my 2015 and still have the Mopar water separator.

Just don't have to change cartridge filter on motor as often simple install.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Question for the group.

I notice the Black Market assemblies have the WIF sensors on the top of the filter mount whereas the stock units have them located on or near the bottom.

The stock location makes sense to me because the water will collect on the bottom, thus tripping the sensor.

With Black Market mounting the sensor on the top does that make them less effective?

I would think there would need to be a filter full of water to trip the sensor.

I want to replace my plastic cap at a minimum up front.

Your thoughts?

2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab, MM3 with DRD Tune, Pusher Intake and coolant bypass, Method Race rims, Luverne Grip Steps, Kussmaul Auto Eject, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, Uniden Bearcat 980SS

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblehead View Post
    Question for the group.

I notice the Black Market assemblies have the WIF sensors on the top of the filter mount whereas the stock units have them located on or near the bottom.

The stock location makes sense to me because the water will collect on the bottom, thus tripping the sensor.

With Black Market mounting the sensor on the top does that make them less effective?

I would think there would need to be a filter full of water to trip the sensor.

I want to replace my plastic cap at a minimum up front.

Your thoughts?
    I think you’re overthinking.

I have the black market performance one.

So far so good and easy to change filters.

Attached Images Attached Images

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey actual View Post
    I think you’re overthinking.

I have the black market performance one.

So far so good and easy to change filters.
    That mounted on block behind/under the intake horn?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Looking to upgrade but trying to decide between the BMP fuel filter mod or using the Diesel Fuel Filter delete kit by Throttle Up industries.

The main difference is BMP is located on the engine block similar to the stock fuel filter and the Throttle up kit relocates the fuel filter to the bed next to the water separator.

(With the Throttle Up system, you have to purchase their fuel filter delete kit similar to the Fleece delete kit).

If anyone has experience or knowledge on these, it would be much appreciated!

12. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

I have a 2012 so from what I understand the filter setup is a bit different from 13 and on. I think that I am going to go with the throttle up kit. it looks to be of good quality and is affordable compared to some of the others on the market. it says that I can leave my stock filter in place which I like and don't at the same time. i hate dealing with that stupid plastic cap that is on there. but at the same time having the WIF sensor is a nice warm and fuzzy. as far as having to change that filter out i would assume that i can get away from having to change it very often due to the fact that i have a much better filter upline of it. what are your guys thoughts?

2012 RAM 2500 Crew Cab SLT 6.7L.

14. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ultrarnr89 View Post
    So perhaps I'm overthinking this a bit, but I don't want to end up ordering something and find out later I screwed the pooch.

'16 3500 DRW needs the fuel filter changed. I'm appalled at the cost for the Mopar/ Fleetguard replacements. Hence my search leading to CAT filters. Has anyone had any success or significant issues with deleting the stock unit (either with the Fleece unit, or the dieselfuelkits unit) and running ONLY the CAT 2um filter (or Baldwin/ Donaldson)? I'm running the stock lift pump at present. Don't plan to change that unit out for at least a year or two. Will be deleting the truck this winter, but no plans for big power, other than cleaning up engine bay and promoting a healthier motor/ longevity.

I've searched through 4-5 different forums at this point, and everything I'm finding with answers relating to the 5.9 or the pre '13 trucks with no rear chassis mounted f/w separator units.

This is the kit I'm looking at purchasing, but I don't want to throw money away if I don't need to.

http://www.dieselfuelfilterkits.com/...ilter_kit.html

Advice?
    I am about to install that kit when I do my next oil change and will be running the Baldwin/Cat filters on it.

2017 Tradesman Bright white, Blacked out OEM headlights, 7" EVIC dash/screen, tinted windows including windshield, 2" HBS leveling kit w/2" shock extensions, 18x9 Procomp Series 5034 Rockwell wheels, 35x12.50x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, ARE Overland topper, LED bed lights (Walmart), 8.4 Uconnect w/nav, 7spd AC fan switch, OEM back up camera, S&B intake, CCV delete, MM3 from DRD, 4" FloPro DP back exhaust, BD Diesel Performance grid heater delete, Twin ram 3.5" intake horn, RevMax Trans cooler bypass

16. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234