Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: BD-Power Rumble B Turbo Kits

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

BD-Power Rumble B Turbo Kits

Does anyone here (vendor or customer) have any real-world, hands-on experience with the BD-Power Rumble B turbo kits for the 2013+ Rams?

It looks like one of the most complete kits out there at an excellent price point (<$3,000). My question is, how complete is it? Were there other parts you had to buy to complete the installation? Does it include everything needed to delete the coolant riser and re-route all coolant lines following removal of the VGT? Any other tips, tricks, tools, pieces, and parts needed to make this installation smoother?

What did you do about bending/relocating the A/C lines, and bending/relocating the 68RFE dipstick?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: BD-Power Rumble B Turbo Kits

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    Does anyone here (vendor or customer) have any real-world, hands-on experience with the BD-Power Rumble B turbo kits for the 2013+ Rams?

It looks like one of the most complete kits out there at an excellent price point (<$3,000). My question is, how complete is it? Were there other parts you had to buy to complete the installation? Does it include everything needed to delete the coolant riser and re-route all coolant lines following removal of the VGT? Any other tips, tricks, tools, pieces, and parts needed to make this installation smoother?

What did you do about bending/relocating the A/C lines, and bending/relocating the 68RFE dipstick?
    Ray with DRD mentioned this as a recommendation when I asked about turbo upgrades.

There is a member on here who’s icon is an electrician parking only sign who has the kit I believe with a s363 and some other mods can smoke his wife’s Porsche SUV.

My understanding is they are a drop In kit and use T3 3rd gen manifold so there is not really any modification needed besides replacing the turbo, air box, and exhaust manifold.

Hopefully he will chime in. I will keep looking for his name.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks ZeroSignal, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

@Jman what turbo kit was it you have?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    @Jman what turbo kit was it you have?
    BD R650

2011 mega cab sleeper nuff said
    If you can’t fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem

8. Thanks ZeroSignal thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post

@ZeroSignal, I installed this turbo as a complete setup, it was 2014, the setup came with the BD R650 ( this particular turbo is discontinued, I believe they just use a different brand now) pulse flow 2 piece exhaust manifold all the hardware, I also got the 4” inline exhaust brake which is welded in, I wanted to keep the same features the truck came from the factory with, just more reliable, the holset VGT failure is what brought all this on. It was very easy to install and did not require the relocation of anything if I recall correctly.

2011 mega cab sleeper nuff said
    If you can’t fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem

10. Likes walla2k5, InlineSix.7, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

@Jman, thanks for the response!

The kit I'm looking at comes with a Borg Warner S364.5 and what looks like a 1-piece manifold.

According to their installation instructions, the kit requires me to "reshape" (i.e. bend) the transmission dipstick tube to line up with their supplied bracket. It also mentions "reshaping" the A/C lines to ensure clearance around the turbine housing.

The kit comes with a turbo blanket, but I think the issue they are trying to prevent is chaffing of the A/C lines.

I'm more than a little nervous about bending the transmission dip stick tube. I don't want to kink it, snap it, or create any leaks.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

I run the Rumble B Kit with the 467.7.

I made a few minor changes LOL.

Didn't do it their way as you can see and I didnt like that BD box.

Otherwise great kit

2018 2500, G56, SSSB3600, Arp625 Head studs, Arp Manifold studs,BD Diesel FMW 467.7 2nd gen swapped, MM3 Custom tuning by Ray, Ceramic Pro Gold, Toyo Mt 33x12.50x20, Hostile Sprocket 20x10 -19, Fass 165, DDP 150 sticks,10mm exergy stroker pump, Bd Throttle Booster, Money Pit! The fass165 150 sticks and 10mm pump did ok but was running out of rail for anyone interested. It's now gonna have DDP 100%'s, DDP 12mm pump and a FASS 250gph

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

Hope the pic sheds some light but I just caught your 68 dipstick question i cant answer that as I have a G56.

2018 2500, G56, SSSB3600, Arp625 Head studs, Arp Manifold studs,BD Diesel FMW 467.7 2nd gen swapped, MM3 Custom tuning by Ray, Ceramic Pro Gold, Toyo Mt 33x12.50x20, Hostile Sprocket 20x10 -19, Fass 165, DDP 150 sticks,10mm exergy stroker pump, Bd Throttle Booster, Money Pit! The fass165 150 sticks and 10mm pump did ok but was running out of rail for anyone interested. It's now gonna have DDP 100%'s, DDP 12mm pump and a FASS 250gph

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Twalt1687 View Post
    Hope the pic sheds some light but I just caught your 68 dipstick question i cant answer that as I have a G56.
    I was just about to ask if you did a dipstick delete.

18. Likes watersupply189, Twalt1687 liked this post