Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installed Delete and Engine Issues?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Installed Delete and Engine Issues?

I installed my delete, MM3 programmer, and I'm having some weird issues... not sure if they are related or not.

When I start my truck, it almost stutters to start as if I have a dying battery or failing starter.... it has never not started yet. Then when the truck is on, the MM3 tuner flashes red red green red red. I have to unplug the USB cable from the programmer and the CANBUS cable, wait 10 seconds or so and plug them back in to fix the problem EVERY TIME I start the truck.

Anyone have any ideas for something I can look at or perhaps this is a common issue if people do X wrong, or whatever? Thanks for input in advance

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Installed Delete and Engine Issues?

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    I installed my delete, MM3 programmer, and I'm having some weird issues... not sure if they are related or not.

When I start my truck, it almost stutters to start as if I have a dying battery or failing starter.... it has never not started yet. Then when the truck is on, the MM3 tuner flashes red red green red red. I have to unplug the USB cable from the programmer and the CANBUS cable, wait 10 seconds or so and plug them back in to fix the problem EVERY TIME I start the truck.

Anyone have any ideas for something I can look at or perhaps this is a common issue if people do X wrong, or whatever? Thanks for input in advance
    How old are your batteries? Put a load test on them. Maybe charge both and reload your tuner again. The tuner needs fully charged batteries to operate correctly.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Mine will do that sometimes (not the slow crank part) in cold weather on three year old batteries. Engine turns over fine, but it loses communication with the tuner. I unplug the OBD connector and plug it back and all’s good. That grid heater seem to draw a good bit of juice. As has been said, have the batteries load tested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Am I able to perform a load test myself? Or is this an Auto Parts Store thing?

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Am I able to perform a load test myself? Or is this an Auto Parts Store thing?
    Go to NAPA or Autozone, etc. They do it for free. You have to have a load tester to do it, unless there’s a way I don’t know about...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I had the green-red flashing light issue with MM3 but mine happened in really hot weather.

I just dealt with it until I also started having hard start issues. 2 new batteries took care of both.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

11. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I had the green-red flashing light issue with MM3 but mine happened in really hot weather.

I just dealt with it until I also started having hard start issues. 2 new batteries took care of both.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    Mine is on my windshield in direct sunlight during the day before I turn it on but when I get it on, the internal temp of the unit is in the green. I think it's battery issues... I AM in Texas after all... here's a clip of it starting. The initial motor whirring sound is my on board air compressor.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

13. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Mine is on my windshield in direct sunlight during the day before I turn it on but when I get it on, the internal temp of the unit is in the green. I think it's battery issues... I AM in Texas after all... here's a clip of it starting. The initial motor whirring sound is my on board air compressor.

Yeah, mine got so bad that it was starting to throw lights on the dash during start-up.

I managed 6 years out of my factory batteries so not much to complain about.

Being in all that Texas heat, you're probable due too.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

15. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

These are interstate batteries that say 6/16, and 6year battery... so hopefully it is the battery.

17. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

As a follow up to this... the passenger side battery tested to be bad with a load test. It was replaced and startup as well as blinky MM3 lights have been resolved

19. Thanks Power247, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast