Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lug nuts

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Lug nuts

Does anyone know what lug nuts to buy that fit this wheel on a ‘17 ram 3500?

I need them to allow for the wheel caps to fit but the nuts I bought don’t allow the wheel cap to fit on.

The wheels and wheel caps I’m talking about are in the photos below.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 RAM 3500 Tradesman w/ the Aisin

Thuren coils w/ Overland shocks

Last truck: ’06 Cummins 2500-Carli with King 2.5s, Method NVs, 35” Open Country M/Ts, fully built trans, amp steps, ADD Baja bumper with Hella lights, straight pipe with S&B intake, Edge insight, Smarty, mag hytec dif cover

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Lug nuts

Have you tried the dealership?

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

That was going to be my next move but unfortunately I don’t have a dealership near me

Last truck: ’06 Cummins 2500-Carli with King 2.5s, Method NVs, 35” Open Country M/Ts, fully built trans, amp steps, ADD Baja bumper with Hella lights, straight pipe with S&B intake, Edge insight, Smarty, mag hytec dif cover

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trophytractor90 View Post
    That was going to be my next move but unfortunately I don’t have a dealership near me

https://www.Mopar.com/en-us/shop/parts.html

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

There are factory lug nut sets all the time on eBay from when guys swap out for aftermarket wheels. That’s where I snagged mine.

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Here you go. $20 for a whole set

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I’ve tried these 3 lug styles and the cap is either too loose and doesn’t even grab the lugs or too tight with the close ended style. The open ended ones were from the dealer.

Do these caps not fit this wheel? Just bought the truck and the caps weren’t on the truck.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trophytractor90 View Post
    I’ve tried these 3 lug styles and the cap is either too loose and doesn’t even grab the lugs or too tight with the close ended style. The open ended ones were from the dealer.

Do these caps not fit this wheel? Just bought the truck and the caps weren’t on the truck.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fb12280328.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d05aee1a40.jpg

Have you looked inside the center caps to make sure the plastic isn’t broke or cracked causing it not to secure on the lug nuts?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Ya I tried all 4 wheel caps on all the lug styles and inspected the inside of the wheel caps for cracks.

Beats me!

17. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Those don’t look like the factory lug nuts to me. The ones I’ve always seen don’t have that polished or chrome finish. I bet there is a difference in the OD that you’re dealing with. Does your factory tire iron work work on the open ended lug nuts you have? If it’s too big that might help answer your question. Just an idea!

19. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, trophytractor90 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast