Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Key Fob issues

1. Top Of Page | #1

Key Fob issues

Hello everyone, not sure where to post my question as I am still a noob.

I have a 2014 2500 Laramie with push button start.

I’ve owned this truck for a little over a year and I have replaced batteries in both my fobs 5-6 times.

I am having an issue where my truck must not recognize my fob when I walk up to it to grab the handle and unlock. It also doesn’t work by using the fob.

If I sit around the truck long enough pressing buttons on the fob, it will finally recognize it and unlock.

Also sometimes when I am driving I will get a no fob recognized minder on my dash and it’ll start dinging.

Used to be able to just replace the battery and it would work. Although I don’t think I should have to replace it this often. But now it doesn’t matter if it’s a new battery or not. It just plain doesn’t want to work. Only in the morning when I walk out to my truck will it work right. Then after that it no longer works.

Hopefully that’s a good explanation of my issue!

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Key Fob issues

Quote Originally Posted by 14RamCummins View Post

I’ve owned this truck for a little over a year and I have replaced batteries in both my fobs 5-6 times.

I am having an issue where my truck must not recognize my fob when I walk up to it to grab the handle and unlock. It also doesn’t work by using the fob.

If I sit around the truck long enough pressing buttons on the fob, it will finally recognize it and unlock.

Also sometimes when I am driving I will get a no fob recognized minder on my dash and it’ll start dinging.

Used to be able to just replace the battery and it would work. Although I don’t think I should have to replace it this often. But now it doesn’t matter if it’s a new battery or not. It just plain doesn’t want to work. Only in the morning when I walk out to my truck will it work right. Then after that it no longer works.

Sorry your having issues with that. I remember seeing this issue on another thread. Have you tried using the search bar to find this issue?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Sorry your having issues with that. I remember seeing this issue on another thread. Have you tried using the search bar to find this issue?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!
    Yes I have. Probably not using it as well as It could be used but, typed in keywords and it took me to different pages that had nothing to do with a key fob issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 14RamCummins View Post

I had similar issues with my fob after 4 years of use. My spare fob would work fine but the one in use was intermittent. I suspected the circuit board switch for the remote start was starting to go bad. I could spray it with contact cleaner and it would work for a few days. I ended up purchasing a new fob and having it programmed by the dealership. If I remember correctly it was around $300

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks watersupply189, 14RamCummins thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post