Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: STEALTH MODULE?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

STEALTH MODULE?

Just wanted some input on anyone that’s used one of these units on their Cummins?

I’m “impatiently” waiting on my new 2019 Ram 3500 dually to show up at the dealer. Because it’s brand new and has 5 years of warranty on the power train I was considering going this route.

I had tossed around the idea of just completely deleting it right off the hop..... but the wife is not on-board, flushing all that warranty down the toilet. LOL.

Does the stealth box actually work? Can you feel any difference? Any MPG increase?

It has excellent reviews on their website but I’d like some input from my IGOTA family before I buy.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Dodge 2500 6 inch suspension lift 4 inch body lift sitting on 41's DPF delete Straight pipe turbo back twin stacks road armour front and rear bumpers mini max tuner...tuned by DOUBLE R DIESEL

2. Likes david3gen, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: STEALTH MODULE?

I had one on my 2017 for a month or so before I went to DRD EGR-less tuning. I didn't see a big enough MPG difference to say it helped or not and the power felt the same as stock even tho I was running the 120hp setting.

From what stealth told me when I bought the module, it just moves the power curve to come on starting at lower rpm it doesn't actually add any hp.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    I had one on my 2017 for a month or so before I went to DRD EGR-less tuning. I didn't see a big enough MPG difference to say it helped or not and the power felt the same as stock even tho I was running the 120hp setting.

From what stealth told me when I bought the module, it just moves the power curve to come on starting at lower rpm it doesn't actually add any hp.
    X2 I had the same results sent it back fo a refund.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    X2 I had the same results sent it back fo a refund.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I got a refund on mine too LOL

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

6. Thanks MRMAYHEM thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

My buddy currently runs this module, but you have to use BD transmission line pressure boost ($100-120) to help the tranny handle the slight increase in HP. He runs his in the medium setting. He also stated it runs better with some increase in power, lowers DPF use, and he saw about 1-2 mpg increase.
    I did add the BD line boost to my truck already and its shifts way better (also did a complete trans fluid replacement and added hotshots TSE ). However, the thing that changed my mind on this module is that you also have to purchase a throttle booster module to really feel the increase. Add the $600 cost of the stealth+ $100 bd line booster (ebay) + $250-400 Throttle booster (brand you get) and you might as well buy a tuner w/display like DRD has. Again, this is his statement as I have no personal knowledge of the module and my personal research into the module. I can only verify the BD line booster.

I joined this group today to do more research for an emissions legal tune. I was going to delete, but I cant due to my wife's possible future employment. which sucks, but I don't want to risk her career over a vehicle emissions.

8. Thanks MRMAYHEM thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slowtek View Post
    My buddy currently runs this module, but you have to use BD transmission line pressure boost ($100-120) to help the tranny handle the slight increase in HP. He runs his in the medium setting. He also stated it runs better with some increase in power, lowers DPF use, and he saw about 1-2 mpg increase.
    I did add the BD line boost to my truck already and its shifts way better (also did a complete trans fluid replacement and added hotshots TSE ). However, the thing that changed my mind on this module is that you also have to purchase a throttle booster module to really feel the increase. Add the $600 cost of the stealth+ $100 bd line booster (ebay) + $250-400 Throttle booster (brand you get) and you might as well buy a tuner w/display like DRD has. Again, this is his statement as I have no personal knowledge of the module and my personal research into the module. I can only verify the BD line booster.

I joined this group today to do more research for an emissions legal tune. I was going to delete, but I cant due to my wife's possible future employment. which sucks, but I don't want to risk her career over a vehicle emissions.
    I appreciate all the feedback guys. Thank you. It was never about “cost”... it was more of maintaining factory warranty on a brand new $80+k truck. I bought my current truck already deleted with “box” tunes and had several custom files built by DRD.... ran absolutely flawless. I live in Ontario Canada and do not need the truck emission tested ... BUT.... every once in awhile they set up shop in the area and do “random stops” on diesel pick ups and do a visual check. In the past... my phone would blow up when one of these checkpoints was spotted. I’d have everyone that knew me text and say “don’t take the big white girl out today!!” LOL. I’ve never been pulled over... never fined. Might just continue to run the gauntlet. Anyone have any insight on when the 2019 tuning will be available from our friend? Wonder if the standard and HO motor will have different tuning? I ordered the HO. Guess I have some decisions to make!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Dodge 2500 6 inch suspension lift 4 inch body lift sitting on 41's DPF delete Straight pipe turbo back twin stacks road armour front and rear bumpers mini max tuner...tuned by DOUBLE R DIESEL

10. Likes AK Bob liked this post