Thanks Thanks:  119
Likes Likes:  235
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Let's have some Fun WHY DID YOU GET THE TRUCK YOU ARE DRIVING TODAY?

1. Top Of Page | #61

User Info Menu

Re: Let's have some Fun WHY DID YOU GET THE TRUCK YOU ARE DRIVING TODAY?

Quote Originally Posted by RMilosh View Post
    I started into Cummins diesels with the only new vehicle I've ever bought in 1993 with the first Ol Blue Dodge Ram Cummins W250 with the Getrag 5 speed. It's biggest Dyno with the VE pump was 437HP. It served us great until the family and 5th wheel got bigger.
    Enter (3) 24V 2nd gens. All manual transmissions. The only automatic transmission I've used was when building the race trucks. The three were all members of the Ol Blue club blue and silver (that's what the license plate told me anyway).
    Then, December 1, 2018 I had a dual lung transplant. Other than the puff of a cigarette that Dad made me take at the age of 8, I never smoked. The hospital care allowed me to bleed internally. It went on for 3 days. The blood pooled and compressed the nerves to my lower left leg. It was paralyzed. Since then I have worked the leg and endured a lot of pain. I wanted to drive Ol Blue again. The leg is getting stronger and I can drive the tractor with confidence, however; I am not comfortable driving a manual on the street. With a very heavy heart, I said goodbye to my dream rig that I bought as a total from an insurance auction and built.
    Now to the current pickup. After reading and reading, I decided that the last year Ram Cummins without DEF was going to be it. No blue and silver pickups could be found, but a dealer 90 miles away had a molten red Longhorn that had the 68RFE that is now parked at my place. It has had an MM3 for over a month that I haven't been able to use while waiting on the Weight Watcher's program to be done. I've ALWAYS done my own work, so it is frustrating to not do this myself and even more so waiting on someone else.
    The Weight Watcher's start and finish date is tomorrow! Yee Haa!
    Your story is heartfelt and I’m so sorry that health issues had you saying goodbye to your dream truck, I’m sure it wasn’t easy and nothing will ever replace it. But, maybe one day your newer Cummins will be happy to have you as it’s new owner Wishing you the best with her (Cummins) and to your health!
    Thanks for sharing

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Laramie MC 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

2. Thanks watersupply189, BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes 03 unicorn, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #62

User Info Menu

The pickup got done with the diet today,
    I like the new tone. Electronicss are all good with no CELs. The reverse leveling left it with a slight rake that looks a lot less drastic and better IMHO. Now working on the 30 miles of stop and go driving for the transmission relearn. I'm looking forward to more driving!

2012 Laramie Longhorn 3500 shortbox 4x4, molten red, tonneau cover, Reese Under bed hitch rails, Leveled, Firestone Ride Rite bags, Ultimate Transmission valve body and deep pan, DRD Tunes on MM3, BBI 0.75s, ARP625s, Monster Ram with heater relocate, high flow boost tubes, HTT 63.5/64 VGT, AFE intake with cold air, SSI steering box brace, SSI adjustable track bar, Moog drag link and tie rod, Brake Performance dimpled and slotted rotors and pads. It's not broke yet so I need more parts.

4. Top Of Page | #63

User Info Menu

We had a very clean 2011 Tahoe. Never any issues with the AFM that they are famous for. We took a short trip (250 miles), got to the Hotel and checked in. Got ready to park the vehicle and the ECM went out when I cut it off. Got it fixed 2 weeks later and found the truck I have now on the Ram website for a very, very good price and went and got it. It’s a holdover 2018 with just what I wanted on it. I’ve wanted 1 of these for years but couldn’t justify the price. Long story short, I now have a 7K TT and me and MaMa are fixing to hit the road.

5. Likes 03 unicorn, watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #64

User Info Menu

I have had ram trucks since my Dakota in 91. I bought overseas have had 2 dakotas and 3 1500’s. Had my Hemi fix too. I started looking for a bigger truck when an RV dealer told me that the biggest toy hauler I could safely tow with my 1500 was maybe 16 foot. There was nothing wrong with my 07 and I told that to the dealer. So the 3rd time they called me I explained I had a great truck but I went down to look. First they showed me what they wanted me to buy. I told em that I didn’t need all the bells and whistles so they stepped it down still the price of a new 2500 or 3500 is expensive but the dealership kept trying to sell. Finally the understood I wanted a truck to pull a camper that the wife and I and our 4 dogs could live in. We have retirement ideas. So they gave me 22k for my 10 yr old truck with 135k on the odometer so with incentives military discount Corp discounts and my trade in the msrp was 52k I ended up paying the wife’s car off and I got a new truck for 49k. I can add the goodies when I gave the cash or want them. I am happy with what I got and hope it lasts longer than my last one and that was 10 years

7. Likes 03 unicorn, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567