Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mismatched Tread Depth?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Mismatched Tread Depth?

As long as you minimize the 4X4 usage, you'll be fine. The carrier can compensate for some of that and the chain is a bit forgiving.

Just don't take long runs in 4 wheel

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    As long as you minimize the 4X4 usage, you'll be fine. The carrier can compensate for some of that and the chain is a bit forgiving.

Just don't take long runs in 4 wheel
    Nah, rarely use 4wd... just when pulling people/objects out of deep mud/water.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Just spoke to a guy at a tire shop, one of those older guys who has been doing it forever, and he said it's normal tread like that. He said alignment issues are from the inside of the tire to the middle, and from the middle to the outside is normal cupping because of turning. He said I didn't rotate my tires frequently enough... which is true.

Sounds like it and he's right. You may have been hearing some humming like a worn bearing at speeds too.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Nah, rarely use 4wd... just when pulling people/objects out of deep mud/water.

Slippery conditions like that are fine. You could go cross country in a snow storm in 4X4 with that tire. But given the condition of the replacement, do you have another one like it? If so, well you know. . . . LOL

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Slippery conditions like that are fine. You could go cross country in a snow storm in 4X4 with that tire. But given the condition of the replacement, do you have another one like it? If so, well you know. . . . LOL
    I will eventually. I don't drive too much. I work from home and will only leave sometimes for some errands or date night. So that replacement may last me upwards of 6mo or more...

10. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12