Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Pam Poovey the 12V hooptie

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Pam Poovey the 12V hooptie

Seeing as how I've owned the truck for almost a year, I figured I needed to get this started to catalog and track myself. Last October I bought a '95 12v with a five speed (much to the future frustration of my wife). The previous owner had installed (made?) a #0 fuel plate, slid it FF, adjusted the star wheel, added an intake, and put a 4 inch exhaust to an 8 inch stack on the truck. It had some nearly bald tires, needed a front end rebuild, and allegedly just needed the front driveshaft rebuilt in order to have 4x4 in working order. But hey, the price was right, so it came home.

Long story short, I needed more than a new driveshaft, so I was awarded the pleasure of installing a new t-case. I eventually ditched the stack and moved the exhaust exit in front of the rear tire, along with adding a 6 inch tip and a JT4040XL muffler/resonator combo. In the interest of keeping my input costs cheap on the truck, especially since it's a farm truck/tow pig, I went with a Crosswind MT when I finally found an excuse to get new tires. They were cheap, 10 ply, and were/are relatively tame MT, especially from the road noise standpoint. So far, I've got ~10k on them, both unloaded and towing, and I like the so far, especially since they were 650 for the set.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Pam Poovey the 12V hooptie

Wow, I guess we're going to post midway through. Anyway, the plan going forward is to install the HE351 I have in the shop over the winter, headstuds, advance the timing a bit, and install some kind of helper bag system.

Down the road I'm looking to add another turbo under it along with some really baby fuel mods.

Anyway, suggestions and comments are appreciated.

4. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Good to see an o!d Cummins doing work!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

7. Thanks adam.b.jordan thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Figured I'd offer an update going into the winter wrenching season.

I've got a blown head gasket pretty much under the thermostat housing (where it's supposed to be), so head studs and a new HG made it to the top of the list.

I've also got a HE351 laying in the shop that I'll get on at the same time. I'm trying to figure out if I need to add some fuel to reach my goal of a cool(er) ~350 hp and ~900 tq with the emphasis being on tq (as this is a tow rig/work truck). I'm not opposed to getting injectors, so I'm open to suggestions.

I'm also looking at some air lift bags to go in the rear as well, they just got pushed since the HG decided to tell me off.

Also starting to draw up some plans for a flatbed. Super open to suggestions/input here.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post