Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Idles fine then falls on its face in drive

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Idles fine then falls on its face in drive

I start the truck up this morning and don’t hear my ***-04 but wasn’t really paying all that much attention to it.

I get to the main road and the truck starts falling on its face. The RPMS fluctuate and my rail pressure starts dropping towards 2K then ramps back up trying to keep the engine running.

I limp the truck back to the house. I check for power at my FASS pump and I have battery voltage. Is it safe to say that my FASS pump took a dump?

I’ve already ordered another that should be here tomorrow evening but I had to call into both jobs today and don’t want to miss more work if the pump isn’t the only thing wrong. I want to make sure there’s not something I’m missing here. I realize that these pumps will bypass when not working correctly so the CP3 can still suck fuel from the tank. I have 3/4 tank, my fuel filter was changed 6xxx miles ago.

Shouldn’t my truck still run fine even though my FASS pump won’t kick on?

My truck is stock with no mods and I have a monitor for my rail pressure.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Idles fine then falls on its face in drive

We need some more info my man. What all did you do to lead up to this event. Anything out of the ordinary? Last fill up place? Miles on truck? Any maintenance done to truck by you or someone else?

Have you tested the fass pressure before ordering the new one?

When you say you tested power did you have power? Did you verify that it is in fact not pumping out fuel?

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    We need some more info my man. What all did you do to lead up to this event. Anything out of the ordinary? Last fill up place? Miles on truck? Any maintenance done to truck by you or someone else?

Have you tested the fass pressure before ordering the new one?

When you say you tested power did you have power? Did you verify that it is in fact not pumping out fuel?
    Back up and running.

The pump wasn’t bad but it was not getting ground through the relay.

I jumped the relay and heard the pump kick on.

Grabbed a new relay from the toolbox and we are back on the road.

Hopefully I can send this pump back now.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Glad to see you found it.

I had a similar issue, but the first time it wouldn’t idle, I replaced the CP3 because I was going to anyway, but it was just the FCA.

The second time when I put it in drive, it would die, and trans electronics took a dump and throwing it into lockup at idle.

Last edited by KiloCummins04; 05-05-2021 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Delete
    04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post