Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: 1/2" coolant line break

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

1/2" coolant line break

So in changing the Belt on my 2016, the tensioner tool slipped and snapped the coolant line that bolts right into the radiator.

My issue is EVERY single place around here can not help with a replacement and the only replacement part is over $300 for the whole unit.

I just need the steel line that plugs into the radiator and about 3 inches of hose.

Sny thoughts or anyone know how to get a flared tube?

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: 1/2" coolant line break

Is this a flared on one side line ?

I own an older model, so without a picture, I'm guessing.

If all you're looking for is a short piece flared on one end, NAPA should be able to help.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: 1/2" coolant line break

I am trying to insert a photo but the site wont do it. I selected the photo on my PC, then it wont insert into the post... so frustrating... LOL

it is a flared end, with about 1/4" extending past the flare

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post