Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considering switching

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Considering switching

Quote Originally Posted by Danohall View Post
    Nobody is gonna give you any cons, otherwise you'll get banned.
    Do you run Rays tunes or personally had an issue with his service?

I am am not trying to start a pissing match just genuinely curious.

I don’t understand who would pay for a membership and tuning then be obligated to speak highly of the product/service if they weren’t happy.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Do you run Rays tunes or personally had an issue with his service?

I am am not trying to start a pissing match just genuinely curious.

I don’t understand who would pay for a membership and tuning then be obligated to speak highly of the product/service if they weren’t happy.

Did I ever mention anybody's name?

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Did I ever mention anybody's name?
    The thread is asking about DRD tuning and you said if there were any negative comments about that tuning (name “DRD”) the user would be banned.

Then you also made a comment about the EFI platform.

Obviously you don’t like MM3/warp/DRD some combination of these so I am wondering where the merit is for you not supporting one or all of the components of the tuning?

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

He wanted pros and cons of switching from PPEI EFI Live to DRD/MM3. I never mentioned any pros/cons of DRD tuning, only saying you better watch it if you list any EFI Live pros. RIF.

I have MotorOps EFI live...they suck. There's a DRD/MM3 pro right there.....

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

He wanted pros and cons of switching from PPEI EFI Live to DRD/MM3. I never mentioned any pros/cons of DRD tuning, only saying you better watch it if you list any EFI Live pros. RIF.

Understood- thanks for clarifying.

I haven’t heard a lot of anything about motor ops so thanks for info.

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I think that's just a MotorOps EFI live con...

This might be a con for PPEI?

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...Off-Road-Tunes

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kuemper View Post
    Hey guys,

I am currently running EFI Live with PPEI tunes. I have considered switching to an MM3 tuner and running DRD tunes.

Can anyone give me some pros and cons in regards to this?

I'm trying to do as much research as i can and get some experienced opinions since it's not a cheap decision.

Also, in regards to the 12V tunes, does that change the tone of the exhaust?

Some specifics on that tune would be greatly appreciated as well!
    For me, one of the PROs of the MM3 platform is that it functions as control and monitoring all in one.

One of the CONs is that if you're not computer savvy, it can be cumbersome to manage your tune files. It's not a difficult platform to work with if you know your way around basic Windows-based file management. I like the MM3 Agent app, and use it regularly to keep the firmware up to date.

Another PRO for me is that the MM3 uses removable media (microSD) to store the tune files.

I like that I can copy/move/store multiple back-up copies of my stock and custom ECM files.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, dwanhala thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kuemper View Post
    Hey guys,

I am currently running EFI Live with PPEI tunes. I have considered switching to an MM3 tuner and running DRD tunes.

Can anyone give me some pros and cons in regards to this?

I'm trying to do as much research as i can and get some experienced opinions since it's not a cheap decision.

Also, in regards to the 12V tunes, does that change the tone of the exhaust?

Some specifics on that tune would be greatly appreciated as well!
    I have tried several options over the years, I can honestly say that my current setup is my favorite by far. Everytime I made a switch it was to gain features/functions that my current platform could not provide. IMHO there is no reason to change platforms unless you see something to gain.

If you are happy with your current tuning then that would be the biggest 'pro' of all. If you are not happy with your current tuning or platform, listing your issues/shortcomings would help determine if switching to another platform would be worth it.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Likes watersupply189, dwanhala liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12