Sorry bro you're wrong.

2018 and newer ARE aluminum.

I had to buy one from the dealer.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Aluminum Studs..... seriously

Are the lug nuts aluminum as well?

Steel nuts on aluminum studs is a recipe for disaster with intergranular corrosion.

Did the dealer happen to tell you the aluminum series and composition of the stud?

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Another big issue with breaking wheel studs is from people trying to run NON-hubcentric wheels.

2021 2500 68RFE..... I'll just keep the goodies a secret!!!

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Yup got curious, went to the dealer. They are the same 2012 to current year. Guess what material they are made out of, not aluminum-sorry broseph. 6509866-AA stud 22005014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, InlineSix.7, Booch035 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    Yup got curious, went to the dealer. They are the same 2012 to current year. Guess what material they are made out of, not aluminum-sorry broseph. 6509866-AA stud 22005014

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4af1d72449.jpg

Thank you!!!

2021 2500 68RFE..... I'll just keep the goodies a secret!!!

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler View Post
    Sorry bro you're wrong.

2018 and newer ARE aluminum.

I had to buy one from the dealer.
    I bought one from the dealer today as well, same part number since 2012. Where are you getting your information?

Side note, they do have a silver zinc coating on them so they may "look" different but they are steel. Just called one of the engineers at AAM. My guess is the dealer pulled a fast one on you.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Booch035 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Ok I will investigate further. I did take dealers “word” but it was from 3 separate dealers. All told me aluminum. The only reason I ever asked was because my tire guy tried to order the one that snapped and he said they are aluminum and only available from dealer. I certainly hope you all are correct so I can educate the dealers parts men I spoke with ??

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler View Post
    Ok I will investigate further. I did take dealers “word” but it was from 3 separate dealers. All told me aluminum. The only reason I ever asked was because my tire guy tried to order the one that snapped and he said they are aluminum and only available from dealer. I certainly hope you all are correct so I can educate the dealers parts men I spoke with ??
    Yup, got the correct information from American Axle & Manufacturing (AAM).

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    Yup, got the correct information from American Axle & Manufacturing (AAM)

Alright I certainly appreciate it.

I would normally have looked into this myself but 4 so called pros in the bizz tell me that.... I didn’t have a reason to think otherwise. Well except it made zero sense. But for sure. Thanks.

Id still love to know why I had a snapped one. I must simply assume while rotating my wheels they over torqued.

That’s a big over imo.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12