Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Intermittent

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Intermittent

Hey everyone, I have a 2017 3500 cummins. DRD deleted tuning at 3000 miles.

I'm only at 5000 miles now and all of the sudden I'm getting an intermittent service antilock brake system warning.

Runs great, I know it's not the turning.

Anyone have any ideas??

I've done some research and load tested both batteries and all my fuses are in correctly...

Baffled....

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Intermittent

Quote Originally Posted by Negative11 View Post

I'm only at 5000 miles now and all of the sudden I'm getting an intermittent service antilock brake system warning.

Anyone have any ideas??

I've done some research and load tested both batteries and all my fuses are in correctly...

Baffled....
    Try checking the sensors. Sometimes they do go bad. Might possibly be damaged as well or have a bare wire. I know there was one guy who his hubs were bad and the extra movement from the truck caused the issue.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Now i have a steady abs, traction control light on and my speedometer isnt working at all. Its a G56 truck. Anyone know where the speed sensor is that controls the speedo? Theres nothing on the rear diff, only a junction block where the 2 abs sensors go to each wheel.

Thanks, Mike

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Now i have a steady abs, traction control light on and my speedometer isnt working at all. Its a G56 truck. Anyone know where the speed sensor is that controls the speedo? Theres nothing on the rear diff, only a junction block where the 2 abs sensors go to each wheel.

Thanks, Mike
    Did you recently try and adjust tire size on your MM3?

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

No, its been set at the factory correct tire size since installing and tuning the truck.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Anyone have any ideas??

Baffled....
    Wow now that I’m just looking at threads, I see the issue I posted about popping up all over the place.

Do a search for my thread of “Service Electronic Braking System.” Most likely the ABS module and control unit needs replacing.

Do a google search and you’ll see a billion threads for it. Very common, no matter the mileage. I had 3000 when it happened.

Dealer will fix it for you under warranty.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

May be a wheel bearing or hub assembly issue. Had a similar problem with my 12 longhorn and it ended up being a a hub and speed sensor due to a wheel bearing going out

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Have you tried getting your ABS system serviced?

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post