Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel milage after delete.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel milage after delete.

Can some body talk to me about fuel milage after delete? I did an egr, DPF, CCV and throttle valve delete. I'm running the MM3. I tow a trailer 5 days a week and before the deletes. I average about 12.9mpg towing. I've drive 150 miles since yesterday and used a half tank of fuel. My evic says I'm averaging the same mpg's as before the delete. I was hoping it would get a little better.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel milage after delete.

Quote Originally Posted by williedub View Post
    Can some body talk to me about fuel milage after delete? I did an egr, DPF, CCV and throttle valve delete. I'm running the MM3. I tow a trailer 5 days a week and before the deletes. I average about 12.9mpg towing. I've drive 150 miles since yesterday and used a half tank of fuel. My evic says I'm averaging the same mpg's as before the delete. I was hoping it would get a little better.

Try hand calculating it. The EVIC isn’t always right.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I agree with the above. Hand calculate and unless it was the same exact trip/type of load it will more then likely always be different. Normally my guys who tow see a .5-2mpg increase depending on where they live. My guys who do not tow and just daily drive can sometimes see up to 5mpg but it just depends on where ya drive, how ya drive and what part of the country your in.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I bet your Def tank is still “full” LOL. Totally depends on the right foot. I saw about 2 mpg gain with truck in dog from 13mpg up to 15 unloaded in country/hills. With the extra giddy up it’s easy to use a bit more throttle than stock which will consume more fuel.

If You are really pushing for more mpg then keep throttle % below 30% (you can use MM3 to show this) and cruising speed 60-65mph.

Anything higher on either her of those numbers will burn more diesel.

I agree with hand calculation. Make sure your speedo is set for oversized tires if you have them.

As a side note I ran archoil a while then quit and started using it again (well I didn’t quit I forgot) anyway that stuff gains me consistent + .5mpg which pays for itself and has other benefits. Something to consider.

Lastly try different HP tunes. 120 is my best mileage tune as is several others on here but some 60 or 90 are

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

My MPG
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...8&share_type=t

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Awesome, I appreciate the feed back. I do see much better mpg at lower speeds. I have been on the skinny pedal a little bit more. I do quite a bit of mixed driving, I'll have to play with it some more and of course drive more.

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

We are full-time RVers and tow our 15k fiver about 50% of the time. It all depends on terrain/wind/etc when towing. I’ve seen as high as 13 mpg towing on the flats with no wind in OD, to as little as 8 mpg towing on the flats with a good (10-15 mph) headwind in 5th gear. Throw in terrain and it’s all over the place. Not towing, I’ve seen 20 mpg. This is all on a pre-DEF 2010.

I didn’t delete to see an increase in mpg - rather, to not feed soot-laden air back into the engine and pretty much put an end to the fuel dilution of the oil. I’ve probably saved more money on oil change intervals than on the fuel mileage gains.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

My 2017 3500 cab and chassis went from 10.8 last year pulling the camper to 12.5 this past weekend, no power increases just deleted. DRD tune

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

13. Thanks Mirth3500 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I gained 6 mpg running empty and 3 mpg towing my 10K 5th wheel. But it's not just about mileage. I had so much soot in my intake from the EGR that the truck wouldn't run right and kept throwing codes. I had to use a flat blade screwdriver, a wire wheel on a drill and a shop vac to get it all out! Now it runs perfectly and I don't have to worry about limp mode or idling any more!

Attached Images Attached Images

15. Thanks watersupply189, Power247, Yamahamod thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Fuel milage after delete.

Quote Originally Posted by ywgbandit View Post
    I gained 6 mpg running empty and 3 mpg towing my 10K 5th wheel. But it's not just about mileage. I had so much soot in my intake from the EGR that the truck wouldn't run right and kept throwing codes. I had to use a flat blade screwdriver, a wire wheel on a drill and a shop vac to get it all out! Now it runs perfectly and I don't have to worry about limp mode or idling any more!

Oh my!

I didn't know it could get so clogged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

17. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast